• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

On Air Salaries: Who knows what...?

M

Member123

OK Gang, it's time to try to speculate a bit about what on-air people are making in Boston.

Below is a listing of on-air talent.....do you know any of their salaries?

Now please don't just take wild guesses. But feel free to pass along "what you've heard". Maybe you have some inside information on one or two people? Maybe you know got an inside tip about someone's salary?

If you believe you know for some reason, feel free to pass it along.

Again, don't just take wild guesses, but do share if you've heard something and believe you know.

---------------

WXKS-FM-

Matty
Billy Costa
Shelly Wade
Romeo
Jackson Blue
Tyler

WJMN-

Ramiro
Pebbles
Middays?
Afternoons
Nights?
Overnights?

WBMX-

John Lander
Kelly Malone
Erin O'Malley
Greg Danials
Fast Freddy
Lady Di

WZLX-

Karlson
McKenzie
Carter Alan
Churck Nowlin
Kenny Young
Al Cole

WODS-

Dale Dorman
Paula Street
Karen Blake
Patrick Callahan
Mike FInnegan
JJ Wright

WROR-

Loren Owens
Wally Brine
Tom Doyle
Sue Cope
Hank
Lungboy
Julie Devereaux
Paul Perry
Kim Collins

WMJX-

Mike Addams
Nancy Quill
Dan Justin
David Allen Booshe
Michael Burns

WBCN-

Adam 12
Toucher
Rich
(Nights?)

WKLB-

JW
Caroline Kruse
Steve Kelly
Keith Stephens

WAAF-

Greg Hill
Mike Hsu
Mistress Carrie
Bob Hannah

WBOS-

George Knight
Dana Marshall
John Laurenti
Dominick Lewis

WFNX-

Morning show?
Julie Kramer
Big Jim
Alter Ego

WRKO-

Tom Finneran
Reese Hopkins
Howie Carr
Todd Feinberg

WTKK-

Michael Graham
Jim Braude
Margery Egan
Jay Severin
Michelle McPhee

WEEI-

John Dennis
Gerry Callahan
Dale Arnold
Holly
Glenn ORdway
Mike Adams

WBZ-

Steve Leveille
Dan Rea
Ed Walsh
Gil Santos
Deb Lawler
Bob McMahon
Laurie Kirby
Bill Watson
Greg Jensen
Lana Jones
Tom Cuddy
Anthiny Silva
Diane Stern
Karen Twomey
Mark Katic
Art Cohen
Kim tunnicliffe
Doug Cope
Lisa Meyer
Kendall Buhl

WBUR-

Bob Oakes
Tom Ashbrook
David Boeri
Steve Brown
Dave Faneuf
Delores Handy
Robin Young

WCRB-

Laura Carlo
Mark Edwards
Art Steinberg
Mark Calder

WGBH-FM-

Cathy Fuller
Richard Knisely
Margot Stage
Lisa Mullins
Eric Jackson
Bob Parlocha

Feinburg no longer with WRKO; for Howie, I think Entercom had to match the deal Greater offered him.
Potentially $7 million over 5 years but there's no way he'll hit all the incentives. Allegedly he used to
make about $795k or something

I don't think it's any of my business to know. Not even your salary.

Looking forward to post #2.

And some people, like WROR traffic reporter Hank Morse, are used in many capacities. He occasionally fills in for Sue Cope on the news and he is the regular morning news/traffic reporter for WKLB and also is the regular news/traffic reporter for WTKK. He has had (I don't know if he still does, I haven't checked) his own Sat morning show on one of the talk stations as well.

And who exactly is David Allan "Booshe"? Or "Churck" Nowlin?? or Greg "Danials"?? We might want to research our spelling before we post next time. :p :D

In my 27 years at WMWM, I have made $0 (well, maybe some perks, etc.!) Come to think of
it, during the most recent administration before the current one here in MA, W. Mitt Romney
and Kerry M. Healey each made $0/yr (voluntarily)

But my work in radio is worth it for the fun.

Member123 said:

WXKS-FM-

Matty

WBMX-

John Lander
Greg Danials

WROR-

Loren Owens
Wally Brine
Tom Doyle
Paul Perry

WRKO-

Howie Carr

WEEI-

Mike Adams

Alright...I'll bite on a few of these...most of which have been public at one time or another.

I am not sure of them...but here is what I hear from keeping my ear to the ground...

Matty---Somewhere in the $1 Million a year.

John Lander---Somewhere in the $1 Million a year. (probably on the low side with Matty making more)

Greg Danials----$110k?

Paula Street---$110-135k

Loren Owens---$400k?

Wally Brine----$400k?

Tom Doyle---$115k

Paul Perry----$100k?

Howie---$500k Salary/year $500k bonus/incentives

Mike Adams(WEEI)----$75-85k

oaktree said:
I don't think it's any of my business to know. Not even your salary.

Looking forward to post #2.

I agree Oaktree. That is a pretty nervy post, especially for his(or her) first one. He phrases it like it's an order.

Member123 said:
OK Gang, it's time to try to speculate a bit about what on-air people are making in Boston.

Now please don't just take wild guesses. But feel free to pass along "what you've heard". Maybe you have some inside information on one or two people? Maybe you know got an inside tip about someone's salary?

Again, don't just take wild guesses, but do share if you've heard something and believe you know.

This is none of your business, nor anyone else's, including mine. What are you thinking, posting this? This post is shameful.

Ok Mickey, off the Primrose path and head back to Mayfield ok?
On Air jocks are in the public eye, just like movie actors, music artists and professional athletes who's salaries always get reported and speculated upon.
It's no shameful, not my interest but far from shameful.

Mickey37 said:
Member123 said:

This is none of your business, nor anyone else's, including mine. What are you thinking, posting this? This post is shameful.

well is this really any different than when the globe or herald prints a salary of a boston radio or TV personality? norma nathan did it...so does the inside track. the globes celebrities page has does it too.

talking about salaries in the sports world is done all the time, with speculation about someone's worth, etc.

I find it amusing that this board that for the longest time has dealt with unsubstantiated and anonymous gossip is all of the sudden finding a conscience! lol

btw...the comment about minimum wage may be close to the truth!

I agree with GenX and Keith.Radio people want to be looked at as celebrities until it comes to privacy about salary matters or even in some cases,criticism.Then they want to be looked at differently on a more personal level.That said,I don't think it behooves anyone to divulge the information but speculation and curiosity in this field is no different than any other where the members are in the public eye.You can't have it both ways.

Incidentally how long does Mix continue to be a 6 figure station when it comes to personalities considering their ratings?I don't think a different lineup would improve things and I don't think anyone there isn't doing a good job but do their numbers really justify them being anything but one of the lesser paying stations in Boston?

according to his myspace page, pete sheppard claims to make $250k+

i find that a little hard to believe.

$250k to read sport flashes and fill in for ordway a few weeks a year? doesnt particularly make economic sense.

blamethemayo said:
according to his myspace page, pete sheppard claims to make $250k+

i find that a little hard to believe.

$250k to read sport flashes and fill in for ordway a few weeks a year? doesnt particularly make economic sense.

for all intents and purposes, Pete is a co-host of the show, 'second banana,' if you will. He doesn't just read the flashes.

I believe Dave Faneuf makes the bulk of his income from the laundromat in Lowell.

GenXRadio said:
On Air jocks are in the public eye, just like movie actors, music artists and professional athletes who's salaries always get reported and speculated upon.

In the immortal words of Col. Potter: Mule fritters!

Just because someone is in the public eye doesn't make the terms of a private agreement between them and their employer (OKA their salary) subject to public scrutiny. It's no one's business but theirs. If they choose to disclose it, that's another matter entirely, but the public has no right to know it.

I can gaurantee you that matt Segal makes well over more than 1 million. His contract 10 years ago was about 3million. Considering that the staion bills about 25 million and good piece of that is in the morning he can command that kind of salary. I also know the other Kiss personalities aren't paid big bucks and make a good part of there income from appearances and events.

However, there is no way Paula Street makes 130k. A mid day person who can be easly replaced doesn't make that much for 4 hours a day. I would say she is lucky if she is making 75k a year.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom