• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Olivia Newton-John, John Denver and Glen Campbell are the Devil's music

This guy named Bob Larson made that his entire radio brand "the evils of rock and roll which all has backward masking". Why do the turntables that run backward always reside at preachers' houses?
The DJ in the article says, "Some of the hard rock music has been played backwards and ... they actually say, 'Serve Satan.' 'Smoke Marijuana.' 'Buy Drugs, Sell Drugs.'"

The DJ in the article says, "Some of the hard rock music has been played backwards and ... they actually say, 'Serve Satan.' 'Smoke Marijuana.' 'Buy Drugs, Sell Drugs.'"
And have you actually listened to the music while "backmasked" for yourself instead of blindly repeating what "someone" says in a random article? As mentioned in my post above, I was subjected to a video where they actually told us what the backmasked phrases supposedly said, and then they played them for us. For me it was a bit of a stretch to say the least. Kind of like when someone tells you their dog can say "I want my mamma" and when the dog actually "speaks" you hear "rar rar ra rarar". I guess if you want to believe it badly enough, you can fool your mind into thinking the dog is actually trying to talk, or in this case, backmasked music actually contains a discernible message. In reality, it's most likely not the case, those words are most likely not clearly discernible at all, and any possible words or phrases one might be able to eek out are purely coincidental. As mentioned, I don't think any serious musician or band is going to purposely write lyrics or melodies to create a situation where, in the rare, outside chance some random person happens to play one of their songs backwards at precisely the right speed and they listen very closely a just the exact moment, they'll receive a message.

Last edited:
And have you actually listened to the music while "backmasked" for yourself instead of blindly repeating what "someone" says in a random article?
I was just saying this person is convinced. She's not really any different from conspiracy theorists, and that's the only point I was making.

And have you actually listened to the music while "backmasked" for yourself instead of blindly repeating what "someone" says in a random article? As mentioned in my post above, I was subjected to a video where they actually told us what the backmasked phrases supposedly said, and then they played them for us. For me it was a bit of a stretch to say the least. Kind of like when someone tells you their dog can say "I want my mamma" and when the dog actually "speaks" you hear "rar rar ra rarar". I guess if you want to believe it badly enough, you can fool your mind into thinking the dog is actually trying to talk, or in this case, backmasked music actually contains a discernible message. In reality, it's most likely not the case, those words are most likely not clearly discernible at all, and any possible words or phrases one might be able to eek out are purely coincidental. As mentioned, I don't think any serious musician or band is going to purposely write lyrics or melodies to create a situation where, in the rare, outside chance some random person happens to play one of their songs backwards at precisely the right speed and they listen very closely a just the exact moment, they'll receive a message.
Unless they. were purposely pranking Tipper Gore and the religious right, these artists said whatever they wanted to say forward.This reminds me of our current hysteria over school librarians being pedophiles "grooming" innocent evangelical kids to be "homosexual" thus becoming "abominations before God"

Unless they. were purposely pranking Tipper Gore and the religious right, these artists said whatever they wanted to say forward.This reminds me of our current hysteria over school librarians being pedophiles "grooming" innocent evangelical kids to be "homosexual" thus becoming "abominations before God"
"Make sure your children, especially adolescent sons, are thoroughly exhausted before going to bed for the evening, and remember...Idle hands are the devil's workshop!"

The one CCM station that was in Memphis at that time was mainly AC and wouldn't touch anything by Dylan. I mainly heard his Christian music at that time on a weekend Christian rock show.

Although I'm a Christian there has always been some Christians who have been on the far right extreme. At that time they were anti-rock, claiming backeard masking existed, playing pin the tail on the Anti-Christ etc., but now Trump and his fanatical followers and the anti-vaxxers has made some of them more vocal and more extreme.

Let's not forget Barry White......he and ONJ were the 2 people that whack-job who killed people claims appeared over his bed and "told him" to do the deed......!!!
I'm still trying to get my head around ".....we buried Paul"...... Go figure!!;)

Found something very funny but disturbing too. Here's a man making a rant against Casting Crowns doing an all Hymns CD. This video made no sense to me but I got a quick laugh from it too. Just so you know, I play their Hymns recording, with many more of the CCM singers, Carrie Underwood, Randy Travis, Alan Jackson types and Lynda Randle doing their "Renditions" of the timeless Hymns, I was raised on. Matter of fact, I now play many of those "Renditions" on the SG side of the broadcast too. Seriously, I believe people like him have way too much free time on their hands.​

Dan <><

P.S. Just when I thought I've seen it all, this person comes along and makes these outlandish claims. Hey if a CCM singer, Alan Jackson, Randy Travis type, Ms. Lynda Randle or Ms. Carrie Underwood wants to put out an all Hymns release, I say go for it. You'll get my support and I'll make sure you get airplay on Jesus Radio Selma.

In closing: I didn't know you had to sing the Hymns or perform them in a certain way to give them justice. Oh well, to each his own.​

Last edited:
An update. Just for that YouTube fellow, I intend to play even more of the CCM and non-traditional styled "Hymns CD's", on Jesus Radio. I have many more that I've collected over the years and intend to play them all. As I stated earlier, I play some of the CCM and Johnny Cash "Renditions" already. Intend to make it a point to add more, over the next year. That fellow still cracks me up and needs to find something better to do with his time.

Dan <><​

Last edited:
For Mr. YouTuber who accused Casting Crowns of "Butchering" the Hymns, I just added a few more musicians who perform them in a more modern approach. These singers are: Babbie Mason, Nicole C. Mullen, Newsboys, Out Of Eden and another CD from the SG legend Lynda Randle. These adds are being dedicated to him and anyone else that has that mindset.​

Dan <><

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom