• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

NRSC-II Reading

FredRichards

Inactive
Inactive User
I've been asked to help a station make a measurement of the NRSC-II compliance, in absence of their CE who moved out of state.

I have the equipment to make the measurement, between my employer and myself.

Is there a white paper or guide to go by as far as bandwidth resolution, gain, etc? And I assume that the measurement is made with the 2710 in "hold" mode, and what were looking for is modulation spikes outside a window in xx minute of time.

I've looked around on the web and found the NRSC paper talking about it, and the description of the limits. What I'm missing is how to make the measurement. Anyone have something they can send or post?

Thanks, Paul. That's just what the Doctor ordered! :)

Fred

Doctor_Technical said:
I recall Tek as having the reference how-to paper on NRSC measurement, but that was way-back when they used trees in a process called "printing", so I'm not sure you can find it online. Here's an equivalent Anritsu document that may help: http://www.us.anritsu.com/downloads/files/11410-00370.pdf

Paul E. Burt
Baton Rouge, LA

Hi Fred -
If you're still looking for TEK's Technical Brief 26W-7062-1 (Radio Frequency NRSC Measurements with the 2710) I found my copy. I'll see if I can get it scanned during my time off for the Holidays. Otherwise, I am happy to help you out if you have questions on the procedure.

-gn

I could use a copy as reference. I also found some other docs courtesy of a friend at the FCC. If you want me to make copies for you just let me know.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom