• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Noticed a couple of Audacy San Diego changes

Was tuning around on the HD Radio in my car today and noticed that KBZT-HD3 was running the Comedy Now feed that had been running on KWFN-HD3 instead of the "Glow" dance format. KWFN appears to have dropped the HD3 completely.

I'm not sure if this is temporary or permanent. I kind of liked the Glow format. The visual display was still showing the "Glow Everything Dance" so it's either temporary or it just happened and they haven't updated it yet. I am wondering if they did this to give more bandwidth to "The Angry Playlist" on 97.3 HD2 or the main sports station or if they are just retiring Glow.

I just checked the Audacy app, also through my car radio and it appears that Glow has been snuffed out, so I guess it's both.

Was tuning around on the HD Radio in my car today and noticed that KBZT-HD3 was running the Comedy Now feed that had been running on KWFN-HD3 instead of the "Glow" dance format. KWFN appears to have dropped the HD3 completely.

I'm not sure if this is temporary or permanent. I kind of liked the Glow format. The visual display was still showing the "Glow Everything Dance" so it's either temporary or it just happened and they haven't updated it yet. I am wondering if they did this to give more bandwidth to "The Angry Playlist" on 97.3 HD2 or the main sports station or if they are just retiring Glow.

I just checked the Audacy app, also through my car radio and it appears that Glow has been snuffed out, so I guess it's both.
Glow was likely made redundant when Channel Q came to town. Semi surprised it took them this long to pull the plug.

Glow was likely made redundant when Channel Q came to town. Semi surprised it took them this long to pull the plug.
well, yes, sort of, but Channel Q is mostly an LGBTQ Lifestyle and talk network, with some Dance and other LGBTQ-friendly pop music, a bit like iHeart's Pride Radio on 93.3-2 but with some talk shows. I get that Glow would cater to the same kind of audience, but it was more strictly a Dance format. Look at how many different dance formats are on Sirius XM and online choices like Dash Radio. Oh well...

Speaking of redundant formats in SD, why, with 91X and Alt 94.9 did iHeart feel a need to put the similarly named and formatted Alt Radio on 105.3-2? Is it so iHeart can have an alternative format choice in San Diego? Also, that station's sound quality is a bit tinny. They should have gone with something else that's not already overserved in this market, yes?

well, yes, sort of, but Channel Q is mostly an LGBTQ Lifestyle and talk network, with some Dance and other LGBTQ-friendly pop music, a bit like iHeart's Pride Radio on 93.3-2 but with some talk shows. I get that Glow would cater to the same kind of audience, but it was more strictly a Dance format.
There is an unexplainable belief that all gay or LGBTQ people want dance on the radio. Among many such friends, a few like dance in clubs or parties, but most have as wide a musical taste spectrum as anyone else in their age and ethnic group.

Few gays today look like Village People, either. But the stereotype lives on.

There is an unexplainable belief that all gay or LGBTQ people want dance on the radio. Among many such friends, a few like dance in clubs or parties, but most have as wide a musical taste spectrum as anyone else in their age and ethnic group.
A gay family member once told me that he’d rather have an ice pick hammered into his brain than listen to EDM. Guess that goes against the stereotypes. He’s also a huge sports fan (baseball, hockey, college football, soccer) which also goes against some of the myths.

A gay family member once told me that he’d rather have an ice pick hammered into his brain than listen to EDM. Guess that goes against the stereotypes. He’s also a huge sports fan (baseball, hockey, college football, soccer) which also goes against some of the myths.
This fits into the category of conclusions based on ignorance. "All Asians look alike to me" or "All Germans are cold" and others like that are caused by lack of familiarity and an even bigger lack of curiosity.

I'm exactly the same. I feel his pain haha.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom