• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Noory in denial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also is why art bell said that he wanted basically nothing to do with the show after he left and wanted also premier networks to stop airing his somewhere in time broadcasts but they basically responded go to hell we own those shows and re broadcast rights and will use them as we please.

Art was the master of that late night paranoid-insomniac listening audience. After years of living in relative isolation, then spending nights talking with weirdo's, anyone can start losing their grip on reality. Now granted, when you become the King of Late Night Paranoid Weirdo's, you risk the Weirdo's eventually turning on you. What wasn't in Art's equally paranoid mind, may have been true, that all the death threats and those same Weirdo's had taken a toll on his feelings of living safe. I suspect after years of being in that same situation; George Noory has adopted a similar state of mind.

I'm wondering if the campaign commercials are already in the can "Donald Trump singlehandedly found the cure to Coronavirus! While the Democrats, media and so-called medical experts stood in his way, Donald Trump touted his Miracle Cure and saved America!"

I am not saying it is "partisan". I am saying it is stupid.

You said he was partisan. Now you're saying it's a stupid rule. Go to your doctor right now and try to get a prescription for this drug. Whatever state you're in. Let me know what your doctor tells you. He is not saying he knows more than doctors. Doctors have told him to do this. He consulted with medical experts. That's what's missing here. This whole thing is being pushed by the conservative MEDIA. Not by doctors. The media didn't go to medical school. That's the problem here.

the FDA has already approved hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine, it was approved to treat malaria in the 1960's,

But not for this purpose. Every time the doctors at the daily press briefings are asked about this drug, they hesitate. Why the hesitation? Why aren't doctors as excited about this as the conservative media? Why don't you see the head of major hospitals, doctors organizations, anyone other than TV doctors promoting this idea and saying it's safe and effective? Let the doctors speak. Faucci was asked very directly yesterday, and the president wouldn't let him speak. Why?

Cuomo's executive order bans doctors in an inpatient setting (going to the DR's office) from prescribing the drug. A person could be tested positive of Covid-19 but can't get a prescription even if the primary doctor thought the drug was medically appropriate with the patient approval because of the order.

All the doctor has to do is refer the patient to an approved test facility. At yesterday's press conference, the president announced there would be similar trials for the drug in Detroit. There is no state executive order in Michigan. However, if you want to use this drug for this purpose, there is only one place to get it. That is no different from the situation in New York. I didn't hear the president complain about it. The doctors want scientific proof that this drug works. Once they get it, they'll get behind it. It's very simple.

There is some evidence in the medical world taking hydroxychloroquine for covid-19 as a preventative might stop one from getting the virus, people use the drug as a preventative for malaria. That is one of the things most of the clinical trials will look at.

Exactly, which is why the governor wants all uses of the drug to be used in places where the effects can be studied and reported. A lot of the prior studies have been incomplete because the patients didn't stick with the study through the entire trial process. There is an approved procedure to follow. The doctors and scientists know this. That's why they're all being very careful before coming out and promoting it. Until then, all you have are politicians and the media. And only the conservative media, who are using this as a political tool, not a medical tool.

But not for this purpose. Every time the doctors at the daily press briefings are asked about this drug, they hesitate. Why the hesitation? Why aren't doctors as excited about this as the conservative media? Why don't you see the head of major hospitals, doctors organizations, anyone other than TV doctors promoting this idea and saying it's safe and effective? Let the doctors speak. Faucci was asked very directly yesterday, and the president wouldn't let him speak. Why?

The FDA does NOT regulate the practice of medicine by doctors. the FDA regulates drug companies.

Any doctor can legally prescribe drugs that are FDA approved even if its use is not for it attended purpose except in New York and only for Hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine. We already know that the medicine is safe under Dr's direction, its been in use for almost 70 years, this is a fact.

Coumo executive order extremely cut down the availability of doctors who can prescribe this medication even when a doctor thinks the medication is the most medically appropriate with the patient approval. There are already ERs in New York City that are near or at full capacity. There is no need to be in a ER setting to take this drug.

This should be a scientific issue not a political issue. If you give this medication to everyone is not got magically go away but its also irresponsible to call it snake oil.

This should be a scientific issue not a political issue. If you give this medication to everyone is not got magically go away but its also irresponsible to call it snake oil.

Cuomo didn't call it snake oil. He's been a vocal supporter of the drug for weeks. He's just trying to get people to use it in a way that can be documented. That's what the responsible doctors are all saying. We need more data, more results, and that's what Cuomo is doing. Cuomo didn't say people have to go to the ER. The order restricts it to the approved drug trial locations. That's what they're doing in Detroit too.

All the doctor has to do is refer the patient to an approved test facility.

And that means that high at-risk persons such as seniors, diabetics and others have to go out of their home to a public location where they will be in contact with people, un-sanitized door handles, etc., etc.

That is a case where the cure is more dangerous than the procedure to get it. It's not well thought out.

In CA, I can video conference with my family physician. If he decides that the medications might be appropriate, he can send a prescription to my pharmacy. I can drive to the pickup window and take the pills home. Simple.

I was watching some French TV online and they were mentioning the two-med combo as something that was not dangerous and which might reduce the intensity of the disease. I checked one of the TV networks in Spain, but did not hear anything. Now I'll see today what the Italian domestic TV is saying.

The French report... with the caveat that I am not 100% bilingual in French... indicated that the risks in taking the malaria drug were pretty much limited to long-term users who take it for certain types of arthritis and other conditions. A two week treatment seems to be essentially without risk.

It's true that no extensive clinical tests have been done. But there is increasing evidence that perhaps two-thirds of people who use the meds and who are in high-risk groups will have less severe cases.

Cuomo didn't call it snake oil. He's been a vocal supporter of the drug for weeks. He's just trying to get people to use it in a way that can be documented. That's what the responsible doctors are all saying. We need more data, more results, and that's what Cuomo is doing. Cuomo didn't say people have to go to the ER. The order restricts it to the approved drug trial locations. That's what they're doing in Detroit too.

Gee, that's terrific. Let's send home-quarantined at risk people to public places to do what they could do at a drive-through or by sending a relative to a drive through.

The principal benefit of the medications is apparently with people with those additional risk conditions. They have pretty close to "nothing to lose". They should let people over a certain age and those with specific medical conditions get the drug with no conditions. It's cheap, plentiful and made by at least a dozen drug companies internationally.

Caution is great, but the New York procedure is stupid (and the ignorant Nevada governor is simply ill-informed and acting politically). And dangerous.

And that means that high at-risk persons such as seniors, diabetics and others have to go out of their home to a public location where they will be in contact with people, un-sanitized door handles, etc., etc.

Are you a doctor? No. Am I a doctor? No. We're supposed to be talking about media coverage of this, not medical uses for drugs. That's the problem here. The governor is doing exactly what medical experts want him to do so they can get documented results. That's what this is about. I'm not seeing any medical organizations, hospitals or colleges saying that the governor is killing people. Only the media. There's a lot of misinformation and most of it is coming from conservative media. That's what I'm addressing here.

Gee, that's terrific. Let's send home-quarantined at risk people to public places to do what they could do at a drive-through or by sending a relative to a drive through. Caution is great, but the procedure is stupid. And dangerous.

Tell me where people are getting this drug at a drive through. The American Medical Association supports what they're doing in New York.

Are you a doctor? No. Am I a doctor? No. We're supposed to be talking about media coverage of this, not medical uses for drugs.

That's why I reported on the very different media coverage in Europe where the attitude seems, at least in France, to be very positive. Of course, France is where the original tests were done so there may be a bit of national pride there.

That's the problem here. The governor is doing exactly what medical experts want him to do so they can get documented results. That's what this is about. I'm not seeing any medical organizations, hospitals or colleges saying that the governor is killing people. Only the media. There's a lot of misinformation and most of it is coming from conservative media. That's what I'm addressing here.

They can do controlled testing with select groups and then allow anyone else whose doctor recommends the drugs to take them if they are in the greater risk categories. I'd think they can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Tell me where people are getting this drug at a drive through. The American Medical Association supports what they're doing in New York.

It's an oral medication. It can be prescribed in all but Nevada and California for pharmacy pickup. Whether pharmacies stock it is a different issue.

In several European nations, it's available for pharmacy pickup with a prescription in at least a number of places mentioned in a news report on TV. One channel even had some cellphone videos of it being dispensed at a pharmacy.

That's why I reported on the very different media coverage in Europe where the attitude seems, at least in France, to be very positive. Of course, France is where the original tests were done so there may be a bit of national pride there.

Do we live in Europe? No. So I don't care about Europe. There are a lot of differences with how Europe is handling this. Let the medical people do their jobs. If it can be prescribed everywhere else, great! Let's see what the health officials say about the results and move forward. This is what the health people want. Let's listen to the doctors. I don't hear doctors saying to dispense in drive throughs.

Doesn't all this come down to rationalizing fatalities as collateral damage? If for every 20 people who are helped toward recovery by this combination of drugs, one who could have survived otherwise dies because of an unforeseen negative reaction, is that an acceptable trade-off? How about 1 in 200, 1 in 2,000, 1 in 20,000?

I'm closing this thread. It has evolved into a political pissing contest which has nothing to do with broadcasting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom