• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Nohelani Graf Leaving ABC 15

I watched her last newscast: Sunday March 31st. At 5:55 and 6:55 AM they showed several clips of Nohe reporting and anchoring. She mentioned resting and getting healthy. Her husband and son came out. Nohelani said we might see her again in another medium and/or place (different channel).

I thought Graf did solid work. However her weekend morning pairing with Amelia Fabiano was rough. They would talk over each other a lot.

Good Luck Nohelani!

I watched her last newscast: Sunday March 31st. At 5:55 and 6:55 AM they showed several clips of Nohe reporting and anchoring. She mentioned resting and getting healthy. Her husband and son came out. Nohelani said we might see her again in another medium and/or place (different channel).

I thought Graf did solid work. However, her weekend morning pairing with Amelia Fabiano was rough. They would talk over each other a lot.

Good Luck Nohelani!
Personally, I've never cared for Graf. She seems to suck up all the oxygen in the room while on-air, even though I agree she's a decent anchor. Her demeanor is, to me, very similar to Rob Nelson on Scripps News Channel- for better or worse. 🤔

Amelia is terrific though, on par with Megan Thompson. They both seem more likeable and professional. To be fair, that isn't easy to do.

Still, I wish her the best in her future endeavors as well. 😐

I gave up on Polynesian names while in the navy. My tongue covered up my eye teeth and I couldn't see what I had to say. :oops:
For some reason, I'm fearless with Hawaiian names. I will always take a stab at it -- even if I make a fool of myself. I did grown up in a neighborhood with people from Samoa and Tony...maybe that helped.

Poor Amelia Fabiano! She worked solo on Saturday and Sunday mornings, April 6 & 7. Including doing the weather. ABC15 rarely has a weather person on weekend mornings. One time when Graf was anchoring solo, the night forecaster taped their report and it played the next morning.

Back
Top Bottom