• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

News 96.5 WDBO to be no more

Nielsen is also motivated to get as many stations to subscribe as possible by a little something called profit.

My error: should be "wants everyone to encode".

Encoders have no cost for MSA stations. If you look at the independent AMs, the suburban or lower power AMs, most non-coms, none have any reason to subscribe as they are not eligible for transactional business with their usual low numbers..

Last edited:
My error: should be "wants everyone to encode".

If you look at the independent AMs, the suburban or lower power AMs, most non-coms, none have any reason to subscribe as they are not eligible for transactional business with their usual low numbers..

You're defiantly right there. I can only see the free listings. For non-coms showing up in the ratings one would think that should help them when looking for underwriting.
In Orlando there are 2 non-coms (*or is it 3) that make it. WMFE (*also although barely WMFE-HD2, no translator) & WUCF. Commercial wise there are several ethnic & Religious stations (albeit a mix and match of AM, HD subchannel and/or translator) that don't subscribe. Then there's the 2 known company's (Salem & JVC) that run 2 full powered stations each that don't subscribe.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom