• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New Voices on AN106.7--

gj567

Inactive
Inactive User
Melissa Carter was on yesterday and again today.....as well as Mark Woolsey's apprentice, Linda Bond- who is on as I speak.

Traffic is now billed as being from the "Carriage Automotive Traffic Center".

Most of the spot load has been filled due to the PPM numbers, I think.

gj567 said:
Melissa Carter was on yesterday and again today.....as well as Mark Woolsey's apprentice, Linda Bond- who is on as I speak.

Traffic is now billed as being from the "Carriage Automotive Traffic Center".

Most of the spot load has been filled due to the PPM numbers, I think.
I heard Melissa yesterday . . . . she did ok. She seemed relaxed, even when she blew the lead-out from that stupid 5th/3rd Bank commercial spot. ;D

LOL, Gregg. I like Melissa Carter and her coming out party on radio, tears back, but I really don't care for her voice that much.

I have heard Scott Kimbler on there often, I remember him on WDUN for years.

I was listening Sunday afternoon 7/15 at 5:30pm to hear ABC news. She said (didnt get the on air talent name) "and now ABC NEWS" and then there was a commercial and then she came back and just did the rest of the local news. No apology about their mess up.

ExNuYawker said:
I was listening Sunday afternoon 7/15 at 5:30pm to hear ABC news. She said (didnt get the on air talent name) "and now ABC NEWS" and then there was a commercial and then she came back and just did the rest of the local news. No apology about their mess up.

When I was live on air and there was a mistake, unless it was revenue (commercial) that required a "make good" I was taught to just go on. An apology on air would just make the mistake more noticeable. If someone called (yes this was back in the days when there was a human to answer the phone) then you apologize on the phone to that listener.

ExNuYawker said:

I also heard the 5:30 mistake. There were lots of pauses and dead air around the event. The same thing happened six minutes later going into the 5:36 traffic. The anchor finally gave her name as she stepped on ABC news at the top of the hour. Obviously, she is on a learning curve with their procedures/board.

From personal experience, trying to hit one network feed per hour playing music (with time to do the time math during the song) was hard. Trying to hit two network feeds while reading has to be much harder. Kind of like texting and driving! I am surprised there are not more screw ups. Doesn't WSB have a "board operator" during the AM news block? I have heard of automation programs for PCs that allow you to play an audio cut while it is still being recorded but I have never had the privilege to work with such systems.

I heard Chuck Roberts from the old CNN Headline News days. It was good to hear him again. I remember when WCNN ran HLN's audio tracks back in the day.

Melissa Carter is replacing Cheryl Castro during the 3-7pm weekday shift starting tomorrow.

Melissa just wrote on Facebook:

"Excited that my permanent shift on All News 106.7 begins tomorrow! I will now be on from 3p-7p, and hope you will check it out while out or on your way home from work."

I wish I had heard Melissa during her practice shifts. One way or the other, Melissa will bring a unique personality to the afternoon show.

secondchoice said:
RadioFreak69 said:
Melissa Carter is replacing Cheryl Castro during the 3-7pm weekday shift starting tomorrow.

What will happen to Cheryl Castro?

See the complete post I wrote about all this before this was written. Z

BarryATL said:
Melissa will bring a unique personality to the afternoon show.

I don't see an all-news outlet as a proper place for a personality.

when Brian Williams visits Dave Letterman's show you see his personality. During the NBC Nightly News there's no personality.

It's also not an afternoon show. It's the afternoon news.

To be fair, however, I don't think you really meant that in the same sense I took it.

amos said:
To be fair, however, I don't think you really meant that in the same sense I took it.

amos, you are right in that I did not mean morning show type of personality. There is a bit personality in how the anchor delivers the news and how they interact with the co-anchor. It can be stiff and just a reader, or it can be someone that you really want to hear the news from. I can tell you that David Hull and Mark Woosley are people that I enjoy listening to as they deliver the news. They have lots of personality and it shows. The read the same stories as every other anchor, but somehow I feel a connection.

Is that a better explanation of what I meant? :p Seriously, I think I could have chosen better descriptors in my original comment.

BarryATL said:
amos said:

amos, you are right in that I did not mean morning show type of personality. There is a bit personality in how the anchor delivers the news and how they interact with the co-anchor. It can be stiff and just a reader, or it can be someone that you really want to hear the news from. I can tell you that David Hull and Mark Woosley are people that I enjoy listening to as they deliver the news. They have lots of personality and it shows. The read the same stories as every other anchor, but somehow I feel a connection.

Is that a better explanation of what I meant? :p Seriously, I think I could have chosen better descriptors in my original comment.

Yes, crows gathered to see your reply... :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom