• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New Throwback Hip-Hop station in Florence

No one put that information on Wikipedia and I'm surprised it's not in the news article.
As someone who spends a lot of his daily time documenting radio's history, I have to say that Wikipedia is the least definitive and accurate source that exists. While I often go to Wikipedia, the most useful items are not the articles themselves but the sources.

And I often find that either the source has been misinterpreted or the data itself is just wrong.

I know you do lots of Wikipedia writing, and don't mean to accuse you of any inaccurate data. I just am giving my experience using Wikipedia in radio research.

Like what I'm hearing so far. Wonder if Community Broadcasters would bring this format to one of their stations in Sumter or Orangeburg?

Gonna have lots of interference from the 107.5 Columbia sports station (WNKT) especially west of the transmitter, tho Florence is a few miles east.

May still be some issues similar to how WCOS can no longer be heard in Spartanburg due to a 97.5 translator near Pacolet

As someone who spends a lot of his daily time documenting radio's history, I have to say that Wikipedia is the least definitive and accurate source that exists. While I often go to Wikipedia, the most useful items are not the articles themselves but the sources.

And I often find that either the source has been misinterpreted or the data itself is just wrong.

I know you do lots of Wikipedia writing, and don't mean to accuse you of any inaccurate data. I just am giving my experience using Wikipedia in radio research.
I have added a lot to radio, some after seeing it here, but I try to find sources and Lance Venta is almost always a good source.

Sometimes I have to clean up what was there. It is especially true that articles about radio stations targeting African Americans have sloppy writing before someone gets to them.

It does if they're not following the rules.
So because my news story that you use to update Wikipedia doesn't state what HD subchannel is originating programming means they're not following the rules? Once they start streaming, you'll be able to listen to the legal ID and confirm. The fact the station launched is the story, not what HD subchannel it is on.

I 100% guarantee they are on a subchannel of WSIM. At time of publication (and still now) I am unable to confirm which one it is.
Gonna have lots of interference from the 107.5 Columbia sports station (WNKT) especially west of the transmitter, tho Florence is a few miles east.

May still be some issues similar to how WCOS can no longer be heard in Spartanburg due to a 97.5 translator near Pacolet
The translator is completely outside WNKT's protected 45 dbu contours.

So because my news story that you use to update Wikipedia doesn't state what HD subchannel is originating programming means they're not following the rules? Once they start streaming, you'll be able to listen to the legal ID and confirm. The fact the station launched is the story, not what HD subchannel it is on.
I just don't have the information, so I don't know. But I didn't update the article. DJV11181988 did. I did, however, make the observation that the main station was still listed as an AC station in a list shown under the article itself. I changed that. The main station is "adult hits". It could be argued that one HD subchannel is AC, but someone else can fix that if it should be changed.
I 100% guarantee they are on a subchannel of WSIM. At time of publication (and still now) I am unable to confirm which one it is.
That's good.

Jamz is on 93.7FM HD-2. HD-3 is Star 97.1. I can receive the HD signal from Sumter.
I'll trust you. Anyone on Wikipedia can revert and you are not a reliable source, but sooner or later we'll get what we need.

I'll listen on the way to the beach too, in September or October, although I was not impressed by the Myrtle Beach classic hip hop station. there are songs I would have liked but they didn't get played when I listened. Now that station is classic country and sounds pretty good.

I'll trust you. Anyone on Wikipedia can revert and you are not a reliable source, but sooner or later we'll get what we need.

I'll listen on the way to the beach too, in September or October, although I was not impressed by the Myrtle Beach classic hip hop station. there are songs I would have liked but they didn't get played when I listened. Now that station is classic country and sounds pretty good.

He's nto a reliable source despite the fact he can hear the HD sub channel feeding the translator?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom