• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New Rapid City stations

Several new radio stations are coming to Rapid City. KBEN 101.9 has been testing on and off with an oldies format. Also, 99.5 and 102.7 are coming in the future.

Any format predictions? If you had your own stick to program in RC, what would you do?

Really, who cares? It would never happen but I would love to see a local talk show. It's a bit hard to believe that Rapid doesn't have a single local talk show. But then most of the stations in Rapid are not live anyway. It's all syndicated or voicetracked. Hell, the Rapid City Journal web site is a better source for breaking news than any TV or radio station here.

So whatever these new stations have planned it's going to be dirt cheap with satellite or automation. I can get that minus the commercials on XM or Sirius. Yeah, I know satellite costs a few bucks but it's worth it to me to avoid the commericals, especially those godawful screaming car dealership spots. The cheaper the car the louder the commercial.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom