• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New Name for Frank's Place Ch. 73

coops

Inactive
Inactive User
Any idea why ch. 73 was changed to "High Standards" from "Frank's Place?" Could there be some issues with the Sinatra estate or just a repositioning with maybe more emphasis on new and current artists renditions of American pop classics?

I don't mind the name change and hopefully with that ch. 73 will up the tempo a bit instead of so much sleeply
music. I love the standards and the new artist doing this great music but feel "Frank's Place" played way to much music that put me to sleep.

looks like Sirius has gotten themselves a deal with the Sinatra family. Seems to me that XM is losing out on this one.

Adam

Apparently, the family has major issues with Jonathan Schwartz, who's in charge of XM's Frank's Place/High Standards. Since XM isn't about to let Schwartz go, the Sinatra children wanted to get out of the deal with XM the second the contract expired and were welcomed with open arms by Sirius.

Yes, the Sinatra name goes over to Sirius, where Sirius Standards/Swing becomes Siriusly Sinatra, with even Nancy Sinatra hosting a show on the channel.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom