• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New LPTV on RF Channel 30?

When I did a channel scan last night on my aunt’s garage TV not hooked up to cable, it found a station on RF channel 30. The subchannels seem to simulcast those of KJLA, except for the main channel, which isn’t there at all. The virtual channel is 29.x, with the subchannels numbered 29.2 through 29.12. The only two RF channel 30s that I could find in the Los Angeles market on rabbitears.info were KCIO-LD in Ontario, mapping to virtual channel 33.x and not simulcasting KJLA; and KUHD-LD in Camarillo, which maps to virtual channel 51.x. Because both are low-powered, and neither is licensed anywhere in L.A. County, it can’t possibly be either of the ones mentioned above. That is, unless one of those changed its COL to somewhere in L.A. County, changed its virtual channel, and moved its transmitter to Mt. Wilson or Mt. Harvard. Is there a way to search the FCC database by RF channel to find out?

When I did a channel scan last night on my aunt’s garage TV not hooked up to cable, it found a station on RF channel 30. The subchannels seem to simulcast those of KJLA, except for the main channel, which isn’t there at all. The virtual channel is 29.x, with the subchannels numbered 29.2 through 29.12. The only two RF channel 30s that I could find in the Los Angeles market on rabbitears.info were KCIO-LD in Ontario, mapping to virtual channel 33.x and not simulcasting KJLA; and KUHD-LD in Camarillo, which maps to virtual channel 51.x. Because both are low-powered, and neither is licensed anywhere in L.A. County, it can’t possibly be either of the ones mentioned above. That is, unless one of those changed its COL to somewhere in L.A. County, changed its virtual channel, and moved its transmitter to Mt. Wilson or Mt. Harvard. Is there a way to search the FCC database by RF channel to find out?

It is KSGA-LD.

Thanks for the quick response. I was confused because Rabbitears.info has KSGA-LD listed as RF 23 and rebroadcasting KVMD, mapping to 31.x. I’ll contact the webmaster and let him know. Thanks again for clearing this up for me.

There are a lot of changes happening over the next few years with the repacking. Stations could change and file a license to cover for a few days.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom