• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New K O M A voice

Anyone heard the new voice of koma 92.5? In my opinion, I think the voice is weak. Their classic jingles are gone too. I grew up listening to that stuff. Now it's gone. I bet they didn't save any of the tapes.

Even though I think the voice over guy sounds weak, his voice is better than mine. But not by much.

I guess it's more of their 80s-r-us agenda. Sadly, they still haven't put the real KOMA back on 1520. And, 1520 just sits there, with low ratings. Oh well....I'm not the guy writing the checks to the help and the bank.....

I hate what Tyler has done to radio in OKC. KOMA is nothing in comparison to what it once was. And did we REALLY need another sports talk station? And KRXO doesn't sound the same either despite it's supposed to be the same as it was. The only positive thing I have to say about Tyler is having the 24/7 Comedy on 1560 and 92.9. I know it's a dream, but I wish Tyler would at least pick up the True Oldies Channel, which is currently on Chisholm Trail's 1640, and air it on 1520. I heard rumor TOC will be dropped from 1640, but I'm not saying that will happen, it's only what I heard. Whether it's true or not only time will tell.

1640 is moving to a talk radio format. They've already started airing Reid Mullins from 7-10 A.M. They are supposed to add more talk programing soon, including a show by Ernest Istook.

I wished they'd just take 1520 back to 50s-60s.... or something similar. I agree what's on there right now is a colossal waste of power.

It must be extremely low power on a small stick. I live near Lake Hefner and I can't hear it at all on any radio I have.

K276EX is currently located on top of the Chase building in downtown OKC. It pumps out 75 watts, and is best heard in south and east OKC. The FCC shows an application to move K276EX to north OKC. It wouldn't surprise me if they are moving it to the same stick that has 104.5 and 96.5. It will get a significant height increase and a bump in power to 99 watts. These changes should improve your reception near Lake Hefner. Tyler Media is leasing the 103.1 translator from The Love Station, out of Ponca City.

K276ex

K276EX is currently located on top of the Chase building in downtown OKC. It pumps out 75 watts, and is best heard in south and east OKC. The FCC shows an application to move K276EX to north OKC. It wouldn't surprise me if they are moving it to the same stick that has 104.5 and 96.5. It will get a significant height increase and a bump in power to 99 watts. These changes should improve your reception near Lake Hefner. Tyler Media is leasing the 103.1 translator from The Love Station, out of Ponca City.

Yes. That's exactly the plan. It's going into a combined antenna that's a bit lower than the 1045 / 965 antenna.

Yes. That's exactly the plan. It's going into a combined antenna that's a bit lower than the 1045 / 965 antenna.

Now... If we could only convince them to put oldies or classic rock on 1520. I would've made KRXO's classic rock into a simulcast on 1520 AM and 104.5 FM. Since they didn't do that, they could put an oldies format on 1520/103.1.

Well, 1640 just made a switch at the 2am hour to the Red Eye Radio network. So now we have two stations owned by separate companies airing the same show in the same market. How screwed up is that? It'll be interesting to see what airs after that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom