• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Neilsen

Persons 12+ is about it .From what I've read on this board and learned from broadcast professionals, the stations may be ranked, but numbers, such as AQH Shares, Cume, Rating, etc., may not be disclosed. For example, WXXX is #1 Women 25-54, followed by WYYY, and WZZZ in third place ... permissible. Not permitted: Women 25-54: WXXX 12.5; WYYY 12.3; WZZZ 9.8. The mods pay attention to this stuff.

Okay, so I'm serious and I'm asking
_ is it unprofessional to say I'm doing a diary. Im not posting this to reveal any results _ that's why the very framed photo

and, I am in no way advertising my diary can be influenced _
Inhave participated with a radio diary before this and am excited to be a part of the process.
I know, I overreact, I am self aware and am working on this _ and that's no excuse - I'm just me, and passion runs deep; while my honest inquiries and thinking ahead judgment gets lost somewhere along the way

_ is it unprofessional to say I'm doing a diary. Im not posting this to reveal any results _ that's why the very framed photo

Inhave participated with a radio diary before this and am excited to be a part of the process.
I know, I overreact, I am self aware and am working on this _ and that's no excuse - I'm just me, and passion runs deep; while my honest inquiries and thinking ahead judgment gets lost somewhere along the way
I have never*
I have never participated...
sorry my phone is glitchy tonight.

Good question. I too have participated in an Arbitron/Nielsen survey and to the best of my recollection (it's been a while) there isn't (wasn't) a confidentiality or non-disclosure agreement imposed by Nielsen ... but, it would be wise and proper not to brag, boast or discuss such participation on social media for the week that the diary is active. IIRC, there is a stipulation that strictly prohibits a diary holder and household from contacting a radio station or member of the radio, television or advertising community.

Years ago there were a few incidents (grammar police advisory, not "incidences') wherein a diary holder contacted a radio station (or stations) and attempted to sell the diaries or diary notations to the radio station for $$$. Not good. As I recall, the station PD/GM contacted Arbitron (at the time) and informed them of the solicitation. The diaries were discounted, but I'm not sure what, if anything, happened to to diary holders.

_ is it unprofessional to say I'm doing a diary.
Yes. You reveal your identity to stations which might try to influence you. It's prohibited.
Im not posting this to reveal any results _ that's why the very framed photo
Not permitted.
Just don't post anything more about your week with the diary. We will delete it.

Back
Top Bottom