• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Neil Rogers future at WQAM

M

MrRadio

Neil is out today. DA and Adam Kuperstein are doing the show today. Hearing Flee, Nei'ls new producer, has been suspended. Fallout from the F-bomb going over the air Monday? Is Neil's future at WQAM in jeopardy?

http://twitter.com/MrRadio610

MrRadio said:
Neil is out today. DA and Adam Kuperstein are doing the show today. Hearing Flee, Nei'ls new producer, has been suspended. Fallout from the F-bomb going over the air Monday? Is Neil's future at WQAM in jeopardy?

http://twitter.com/MrRadio610

Hearing rumblings that this could be it for Neil. QAM can't deal with another FCC issue. They've just gotten past the Stern/Ferrall incident. Does Neil go to another station if this is it at QAM or does he just hang it up?

So now that Neil has some time off... I wonder if he will show up to the going away party for Jorge this Friday.

BTW... I mentioned in a previous discussion post how insane it was for WQAM to dick-around with Neils show so early on in the PPM ratings process... I guess this clearly illustrates why!

Wow they are stoopid!!!

My guess is Neil's back in a few days...I'm still not convinced Jorge is really gone. Nothing like "Theater of the Mind".

Jicha just posted the suspension news in his blog. A certain Mr. Thompson must be licking his chops....

Neil's not going to stop doing what's in his blood. Almost 30 years in Miami? Not a chance. The guy still continues to pull numbers even after what someone called him being 'neutered'.

Worst case scenario: QAM dumps him.

Who picks him up? A music FM as a jock talker? 850 WFTL with him and Joyce Kaufman back to back? The Ticket? WIOD righting a wrong?

Would any other station be willing to pay him what he wants? I don't imagine CC, JC or Cox opening up the old wallet to the tune of $500k a year.

strangelove said:
Would any other station be willing to pay him what he wants? I don't imagine CC, JC or Cox opening up the old wallet to the tune of $500k a year.

Certainly not James Crystal. They can't afford a new bottle of water in their water cooler, no less the salary Neil would command. How they were able to move into new studios is beyond anyone unless the old landlord who they owed back rent to simply padlocked the door thus forcing JC to move. And I guess radio's king snake in the grass Steve Lapa promised his new landlord the moon and won't even end up paying a grain of sand until the new landlord gets the padlock out. And then there are the tons of lawsuits against JC that has kept JC owner James Hilliard out of the country and dodging the sherriff. So you can bet Neil won't end up at JC. Besides, Norm Kent (Neil's agent/lawyer) once did a pathetic show at JC and then Lapa threw him off the air so there appears to be no love lost there....and Neil doesn't even consider Lapa a member of the radio community. So I think its safe to say we can rule out James Crystal.

Starting to look like the whole F-bomb thing was a setup from the start... get rid of Jorge, send f-bomb letter to Neil, rig the dump button to fail, coach back-up producer flee to let f-bomb slide by... suspend/then fire Neil in effort to avoid $325k fine from FCC...

naaahhhhhh! i'm giving them waaaaayyy too much credit!

Chris_Rose said:
Starting to look like the whole F-bomb thing was a setup from the start... get rid of Jorge, send f-bomb letter to Neil, rig the dump button to fail, coach back-up producer flee to let f-bomb slide by... suspend/then fire Neil in effort to avoid $325k fine from FCC...

naaahhhhhh! i'm giving them waaaaayyy too much credit!

Definitely, giving them way too much credit.

SportsDotCom said:
Chris_Rose said:

After what PPM said today they should label him as, "once popular south florida talk show host."

Guess the diaries were loaded over the last few years. Especially, since there's no way to load the ppm mechanism. I can see QAM overreacting & cutting ties. You don't pay a guy that much money who can't break a one share.

::)

Fill me in. What did PPM say today?

I really can't believe this is it for Neil.

Neil will be back on the air Monday. Sorry to spoil the party for all the haters out there. Conspiracy theorists can concoct all these great stories, but it was just the "perfect storm" of new studio, new producer, etc. that the F-bomb got on the air. Given QAM's well publicized issues with the FCC, they had to pull Neil off the air until they did their own investigation. Jorge will be missed but give Flee a chance - he's pretty good.

maybe im stupid but ummm doesnt neil rogers have a sense of what not to broadcast over the airwaves hes been an iritating voice for 30 years so he should know ..... am i right or wrong?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom