• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

NBC California NonStop

NBC’s three Local Media stations in California, NBC4 LA (KNBC) NBC Bay Area (KNTV) and NBC San Diego (KNSD), have teamed to launch NBC California Nonstop, a unique round-the-clock local and regional news, information and lifestyle channel. It will debut on the respective stations’ digital channels (LA: 4.2, BAY:11.2, SAN DIEGO: 39.2) beginning Tuesday, May 3, 2011.

This new platform will take advantage of the combined resources and expertise of the three stations and increase the local content offered to each market. Shows and segments will focus on the news, information, entertainment and lifestyle programming of interest to those living in the three individual television markets and to California as a whole....

Complete announcement:
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/NBC-Stations-Combine-to-Launch-California-Nonstop-121097329.html

This should probably be moved to the California TV board.

It's worth noting that when KRON was an NBC affiliate in the 90s, before the station turned to s**t under Young Broadcasting, they offered a second cable channel called Bay TV, with time-shifted news broadcasts (live, not re-broadcasts), feature programming, and panel discussions and interviews - often moderated by the late Pete Wilson.

Sounds very similar to "NBC Nonstop."

To me it sounds alot like what they did to my newspaper biz... in reality it's consolidation, shared services, cost effective programing then comes less staffing (pink slips).

Lkeller said:
This should probably be moved to the California TV board.

It's worth noting that when KRON was an NBC affiliate in the 90s, before the station turned to s**t under Young Broadcasting, they offered a second cable channel called Bay TV, with time-shifted news broadcasts (live, not re-broadcasts), feature programming, and panel discussions and interviews - often moderated by the late Pete Wilson.

Sounds very similar to "NBC Nonstop."

My bad... lost track of which board I was on when posting. Sorry! Moderator feel free to move.

Yes, i was thinking of "Bay TV" also. Depending on the topic and guests, I occasionally enjoyed the show with Susan Blake and Johnny Steele.

This sounds like the HD-2 radio channels. Will Comcast carry KNTV-2? Or Direct Tv or Dish TV? If not the Nonstop California channel will not have many viewers.,

And, I'm sure, the announcement that Comcast Sports Bay Area (and California) will be renamed NBC Sports Bay Area (and California) will follow shortly...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom