• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

NatGeo TV program "Witness" looking for radio coverage during 2011 tornados

iwagner

Inactive
Inactive User
Hello,

I am a Producer with National Geographic television. We are creating an episode of our "Witness" series about the recent storms to hit the Southern US, including storms in Arkansas, Mississippi, North Carolina, Alabama, Oklahoma and Missouri. To date, "Witness" has documented Hurricane Katrina & the tsunami that hit Japan, among others.

As part of our research, I am seeking out audio recordings and broadcast radio reports of first-person accounts during the storms as they happened for potential use in our program. These reports can be from reporters, anchors, EMS workers or regular people who've witnessed with the storm and can provide a compelling narrative of the experience. The essence here is that the audio must be in the “present tense” form, the “this is happening right now” - not an hour ago or yesterday.

If you know of or have any recordings from the recent storms, please contact me either by phone or email. We are putting this together very quickly as the show will be airing at the end of May.

Thanks for any help you can provide. You can see a copy of the recent program we did on Japan at the link below.

Ian

Ian Wagner
Desk: 312-601-6942
[email protected]

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/episode/witness-disaster-in-japan-6666/Overview

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom