• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

My Old Display

I was recently placed into a 2014 Chrysler with a radio on the Sirius network which might not have had sat service for an extended period of time if ever. Some of the channels still show old logos, such as Backspin.on 43, Electric Area on 52, WRN on 77 and a blank screen on 50, but 184 does say SiriusXM. Will these channel logos ever update?

The display on your older vehicle probably won't support the higher resolution channel logos. The PAD data that SXM sends out, contains both the old and new versions. Newer radios will display the newer logo, where older lower-pixel displays will only display the older version.

The display on your older vehicle probably won't support the higher resolution channel logos. The PAD data that SXM sends out, contains both the old and new versions. Newer radios will display the newer logo, where older lower-pixel displays will only display the older version.
Thanks!
I don't care about the resolution, but it would be nice if the names were correct;
The Forties is or are not on four, and Kids Bop is not the World Radio Network!

Last edited:
I was recently placed into a 2014 Chrysler with a radio on the Sirius network which might not have had sat service for an extended period of time if ever.
I assume this is a company car. Could you ask for another?

I assume this is a company car. Could you ask for another?
Not after spending $83 for my lifetime account radio transfer.
I wish it were as simple as moving a SIM card.

Not after spending $83 for my lifetime account radio transfer.
I wish it were as simple as moving a SIM card.
Wow! Sad that it's not as simple as logging onto their website and entering details to "de-activate radio ID XXXXX" and "activate radio ID XXXX" like one can do when switching SunPass/EZPass transponders, for instance.

Wow! Sad that it's not as simple as logging onto their website and entering details to "de-activate radio ID XXXXX" and "activate radio ID XXXX" like one can do when switching SunPass/EZPass transponders, for instance.
It can be done that way, but still,
$75 + service fees = $83.
Besides, there are more important
considerations in choosing what
to drive than the old display.

Last edited:
I guess I'm lucky my 2006 personal car doesn't even have logos for the XM radio channels. One thing that is a minor annoyance is that the text for the artist/song doesn't scroll to see the full text; it just cuts off. Even in 06 you would think they could have dealt with that. Especially because it was actually a state of the art (at the time) Bose surround sound system. Oh well, minor, just an oddity.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom