• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

My Network TV

Is there a point to continue My network TV stations? Currently, they only show 2 hours of program reruns and majority of the affiliates, including O&O move their programs after Prime Time to late night hours, especially some of the affiliates broadcast past midnight.

Is there a point to continue My network TV stations? Currently, they only show 2 hours of program reruns and majority of the affiliates, including O&O move their programs after Prime Time to late night hours, especially some of the affiliates broadcast past midnight.
True too on the My network stations owned by Fox Inc like KUTP Phoenix, WDCA Washington DC they are named after their primary Fox affiliate and it is modeled after KICU-TV which never got the My network affiliation. They are stations that would air Fox Programming in the event their primary stations have to go to breaking news or conflicts with Fox Sports coverage on the primary station.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KUTP

I don't get my network TV anymore I think they have 4 shows on its schedule.

Law & Order SVU
Chicago Fire
Chicago P.D.
Dateline

Even though 8.2 airs my network programming instead of 2 hours of H&I programming their in reruns on other channels.

Chicago Fire and Chicago P.D. are in reruns on the weekends on channel 8 while
Law & Order SVU and Dateline air on channel 23 weekdays.

They're no longer categorically a network. They're a "television service" (read: syndicator) where the stations signed up with them can air those shows where they please. Our station, WATL in Atlanta, picks up NBC from the local affiliate WXIA in case of pre-emptions due to local coverage of events or breaking news. The two are one of our local duopolies.

The affiliate in Charlotte delays their shows to late night and shows reruns of "Modern Family".
And Big Bang Theory. They have since 2018 when they were still an O&O.

TEGNA owned KTVD 20- here in Denver carries Monday Night Football whenever the Broncos are on & was SHOCKED to see KMGH 7 who has the Prime Video package ON THE PRIMARY rather than on Indie KCDO 3 (Which Scripps also owns)

MyNet has the same reason to exist as it always did: It's an efficient way for Fox to create content for their duopoly stations. I can't imagine the operating costs are very high, and Fox is able to defray the costs for its O&Os with fees paid by the other MyNet affiliates owned by Nexstar, Sinclair, Tegna and the like.

MyNet has the same reason to exist as it always did: It's an efficient way for Fox to create content for their duopoly stations. I can't imagine the operating costs are very high, and Fox is able to defray the costs for its O&Os with fees paid by the other MyNet affiliates owned by Nexstar, Sinclair, Tegna and the like.
To say NOTHING of the fact that it gives affiliates more programming & less time they have to sell to the highest bidder (Ohh but that's A DIFFERENT time of night, My bad 🤣)

I noticed that MyNetworkTV launched about the same time that TheWB and UPN merged to become CW, picking up whatever stations were left behind. WSWG, after its acquisition by Gray, had been a UPN station, but the WB station got the CW affiliation, so they went with MyNet, when it started out with original telenovela-style shows, and WCTV even provided a "MyNews at 7" show.

I noticed that MyNetworkTV launched about the same time that TheWB and UPN merged to become CW, picking up whatever stations were left behind. WSWG, after its acquisition by Gray, had been a UPN station, but the WB station got the CW affiliation, so they went with MyNet, when it started out with original telenovela-style shows, and WCTV even provided a "MyNews at 7" show.
The whole reason MyNet launched was to provide a network for the ex-UPN and WB affiliates that didn’t get CW. In fact I think MyNet actually launched a week before CW did.

Boston, Miami, and Green Bay are among those pulling the plug on the service but with Azteca America going away i fear Estrella might be next.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom