• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

multiband webcast proceessing suggestions

richard.vanderveen said:
Robert Bass said:
It was suggested in this thread earlier that Roll-off be set to 11 to eliminate "ringing highs", or something like that.
Only if bandwith restrictions are used, with full bandwith there is no roll-off. Suggestion: when streaming 128 MP3 bandwith restrictions could be 40Hz and 18KHz, roll-off 5

Neither of those options is available in Breakaway.

In the bandwidth section, the highest setting under Full Bandwidth is 16.0kHz. Then it drops to 15.5k, 15.0k, 14.0k, 13.0k, 12.0k, 11.0k, 10.0k, 9.0k, 7.5k and 5.0k. So if I'm using Full, then there should be no setting under Roll-off as long as I'm streaming at 128k MP3?

R

Hmmmm, it seems to me Breakaway is processing the stereo channels jointly. Am I correct about this? That explains why the song Snoopy's Christmas has lower levels in one channel.

R

Robert Bass said:
Hmmmm, it seems to me Breakaway is processing the stereo channels jointly. Am I correct about this? That explains why the song Snoopy's Christmas has lower levels in one channel.
The broadband and multiband AGCs do work in unison so as to not badly alter the stereo space, but it is also handling properly each channel so that you don't get stuff like having hard-panned sounds way too loud in one channel. The peak limiters are discreet.

Jesse Graffam said:
Robert Bass said:
The broadband and multiband AGCs do work in unison so as to not badly alter the stereo space, but it is also handling properly each channel so that you don't get stuff like having hard-panned sounds way too loud in one channel. The peak limiters are discreet.

That makes sense. Thanks!

R

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom