• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Morgan & Morgan Camp Lejeune TV commercials.

I'm getting way too many Camp Lejeune spam emails. Its very annoying.

My wife signed my email up with something that was supposed to be with Hallmark. Next thing I know, my email is about ruined. Any useful emails are now buried with this junk.

Try working for a station group and having TV's with 8 sub channels up on your office wall to monitor. I will be happy once Medicare Enrollment (PSA: these ads are for private insurance masquerading as Medicare, the government run healthcare program you are all entitled to once you reach age 65) ends and the Camp Lejune class action is settled.

Not sure what they will fill the ad breaks with, though.

Not sure what they will fill the ad breaks with, though.
Walk-in bathtubs, mobility scooters, bedazzlers, polymer car waxes, miracle antennas that will let you say goodbye to cable forever, miracle socks, miracle knee braces, copper bracelets that will cure all ailments, the next best cooking device, knife sets, phone psychics, snake oil, supplements and pills to fix anything, get rich quick schemes, a 1,000 page book that contains answers to all life's questions, LED lights which they imply will produce about 250,000 CP, but when you buy them and get them home, they put out less light than the LED on your cell phone...The possibilities are endless, really. There's a sucker born every minute, and a commercial hawking a product to suit all of them.

Walk-in bathtubs, mobility scooters, bedazzlers, polymer car waxes, miracle antennas that will let you say goodbye to cable forever, miracle socks, miracle knee braces, copper bracelets that will cure all ailments, the next best cooking device, knife sets, phone psychics, snake oil, supplements and pills to fix anything, get rich quick schemes, a 1,000 page book that contains answers to all life's questions, LED lights which they imply will produce about 250,000 CP, but when you buy them and get them home, they put out less light than the LED on your cell phone...The possibilities are endless, really. There's a sucker born every minute, and a commercial hawking a product to suit all of them.
Seems after Christmas it's usually PSAs about abused animals.

I'm getting tired of the Medicare Advisors spot with cranky Martha, who has now for some reason become a puppet.

LOL I’ve seen that one. Also have seen the one with Jimmie Walker, but the strangest one had to be the one with William Devane from Knots Landing fame LMAO.

Some of you are watching WAAAY too much MeTV, Cozi, and Antenna 😀

Some of you are watching WAAAY too much MeTV, Cozi, and Antenna 😀
Sadly, no! Bally Sports which carries our MLB and NBA pro teams doesn't seem to sell a lot of spots so there are a lot of save the animals / help the children-type spots, as well as many of the commercials mentioned above. You also see those types of commercials on HGTV, Food Network and even CNBC and ESPN on occasion and depending on the season and daypart.

Sadly, no! Bally Sports which carries our MLB and NBA pro teams doesn't seem to sell a lot of spots so there are a lot of save the animals / help the children-type spots, as well as many of the commercials mentioned above. You also see those types of commercials on HGTV, Food Network and even CNBC and ESPN on occasion and depending on the season and daypart.
...as well as History, Travel, basically those Discovery group of channels. It's an infestation!

I will be happy once Medicare Enrollment (PSA: these ads are for private insurance masquerading as Medicare, the government run healthcare program you are all entitled to once you reach age 65) ends
Those ads are for Medicare supplemental insurance, as Medicare does not pay the full cost of most medical treatment and procedures. Many of the companies are actual Heathcare providers (hospital and clinic chains, etc) who want you to exclusively use their services, which are mostly paid for by Medicare with the supplemental coverage making up the difference.

Healthcare providers see Medicare as a cash cow, and will often push medical procedures that the patient really doesn’t need or are likely ineffective. All part of the “Medical Industrial Complex”.

If you think the glut of Medicare supplement ads on TV is too much, then you probably won’t like dealing with the mountains of mail you will get from those companies once you turn 65…it is an annual autumn ritual.

If you think the glut of Medicare supplement ads on TV is too much, then you probably won’t like dealing with the mountains of mail you will get from those companies once you turn 65…it is an annual autumn ritual.
I still remember a news segment I saw once, where a guy got so much junk mail that he started to save it up, he bought some gizmo that would allow him to roll up the junk mail, circulars and other stuff into tightly compacted "logs" and he burned them through the winter to help heat his house. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom