• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Monday Night Raw going to Netflix

should this be moved to either "Sports On TV" or "Internet TV" as it is more associated with "Sports on TV" and "Internet TV"

but on the subject of the topic, it was a matter of time before WWE decided to rip the basic cable bandaid on Raw and move it to either Broadcast TV or Streaming and since this show's history has always been "Paywall" for the last 31 years of it's existence, now it's moving to Streaming.

this whole thing is a big money deal with WWE, and Netflix was the one that won, which came out of right field, and i was expecting Disney, WBD or Amazon to win the rights, not Netflix, but this might change the landscape of wrestling on TV, with Raw moving to streaming, NXT becoming the show with "OTA coverage" on The CW, SmackDown returning to USA after 5 years on Fox this fall. i'm sure many wrestling fans are mad at this deal, but at the same time, many new eyeballs for those who can't watch Raw anymore cause no more cable TV or gave up on the whole 3 hour format.

i expect a lot of changes, ranging from day of the week th shows air, to Raw going back to 2 hours while SmackDown gets that 3rd hour that USA demanded Raw have during the October 2005-January 2025 deal that was got renewed several times since the deal originally went into effect in October 2005, with one deal allowing Raw to expand to 3 hours with a overrun in 2012. also i wouldn't be surprised if AEW/ROH and TNA Wrestling (yes, Impact Wrestling went back to their former name starting with the Hard to Kill PPV which took place on January 13 and the weekly show rebranded back to the "TNA Impact!" branding on January 18th, they announced said rebranding back to TNA at Bound For Glory in October of last year) ends up in negotiations with Disney or Paramount Global to bring wrestling to one of their networks (or stay with WBD in the case of AEW and expand it to add the AEW & ROH Video Catalog of PPVs and TV over to Max and air AEW Dynamite, Rampage and Collision on Max at the same time as TBS/TNT airs it live).

"Sports entertainment" :cautious:

I’d call it more athletic than sport. You still need to be in shape and have stamina to do what they do.
It's definitely athletic, and takes amazing strength and coordination. I was a big fan for many years, and while the current style isn't my thing, I still appreciate what it takes to be among the best at it. But it's not a sport. It's an exhibition of unique athletic skills, presented in a format resembling competitive sport.

It's definitely athletic, and takes amazing strength and coordination. I was a big fan for many years, and while the current style isn't my thing, I still appreciate what it takes to be among the best at it. But it's not a sport. It's an exhibition of unique athletic skills, presented in a format resembling competitive sport.
American Gladiators. That was my jam back in the day.

Were the results predetermined? I never paid much attention to AG, but I was under the assumption that it was a true competition.
It was a legit competition, with the one connection to the world of professional wrestling being Mike Adamle. He was the lead announcer for American Gladiators, yet flamed out rather quickly calling the action inside of a WWE ring.

I thought that Raw was going to streaming since Smackdown was going back to USA Network after 5 years with Fox. I haven't watched wrestling in years started to faze out of wrestling in 2003.

Back
Top Bottom