• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Mix 104.5 Dalton

I have so many questions regarding this train-wreck with 0% chance of logical answers. In fact, Im not even sure where to begin, but here it goes….

Why did they flip 98.3 to classic hits “The Mountain” a few years ago if they insist on playing the same music on 104.5? At 7:27pm on 11/9/23, both stations were playing Jim Croce songs at the same time. Now, I’m not opposed to both stations sharing some artists from the 80s, but Jim Croce??? On a station that occasionally plays contemporary hits from the likes of Taylor Swift and Dua Lipa??? For the record, the musical atrocities on 104.5 are often much worse than this one example.

Aside from those occasional contemporary songs, I can’t tell the difference musically or strategically between 98.3 and 104.5. They seem to be competing with each other 95% of the time. Can anyone make it make sense?

To make matters worse, 98.3 is the better packaged product…more consistent musically (relatively speaking) with better imaging… even though it has tons of room for improvement. That’s right, the jockless station on auto pilot is better than their more important signal with all the local talent.

The solution seems quick and simple…60s-80s on 98.3 The Mountain and ‘80s (or ‘90s) to now on 104.5. That would be a good start, anyway.

Okay, rant over. I feel better now. 😂

I've felt the same about their group in Gatlinburg, TN. 106.3 flipped to Regional Mexican over the summer. The audio is some of the worst i've heard an fm station produce. Not even exaggerating. Mix 105.5 is very similar to what Mix 104.5 is doing. I used to enjoy Mix 105.5 during their early days. It was definitely a more Hot AC approach back then.

Back
Top Bottom