• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Mike Conti named as Brand Manager at 92.9 The Game” WZGC Atlanta

Good for him. Mike is an extremely good announcer and commentator and has an overall great grasp of Atlanta sports. All sports, not just the Hawks and United. I really enjoy listening to the guy.

I guess his first action was to rehire Mark Zeno for weekends. They had a brief phone interview with him this afternoon.
They have to pair him with Mike Bell when Carl Dukes is on vacation. The tension will make it must listen.

Has anyone else in Atlanta been fired and then rehired by 2 different stations in a matter of 7 or so years like Zinno? First 680/Xtra1063 now 92.9.

I was a Mark Zinno fan and thought he was perfect for 92.9 in the evening. I don't know the real reason they fired him, but the reason they gave was something like he left early one night and replayed a previous hour.

They have to pair him with Mike Bell when Carl Dukes is on vacation. The tension will make it must listen.

Has anyone else in Atlanta been fired and then rehired by 2 different stations in a matter of 7 or so years like Zinno? First 680/Xtra1063 now 92.9.
IMHO: I am surprised that Zeno lasted as long as he did @ WFOM. He is an officer in either the Reserves or the GA Guard. When I served (over 50 years ago), a couple of the behaviors they use to try to drill into you was a “no one left behind” and “no one is more important than the mission”. I was in the Air Force and we not nearly as “gung ho” as the Army and Marines that I worked with many occasions. But the Air Force did change me from being self-centered, to at least trying to think out how my actions and words could affect people around me. I am sorry that doesn’t always mix well with the “individualism” that some conservatives believe is more important than anyone their actions and speech can effect negativity. That’s why I don’t do conservative talk.

I just wonder how many conservative talk show hosts (and the few liberal ones too) were / are veterans on Atlanta Radio? The best I can tell Rush, Hannity, Colmes, Tucker Carloson, Boortz and Eric Erickson were (are) not veterans.​

Mark Zinno is someone who has good on-air chemistry and can work with just about any format and person.
So I am not surprised to see him get hired again by a Atlanta sports station.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom