• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

MIAMI-FT. LAUDERDALE-HOLLYWOOD PPM RATINGS RELEASED-SEPTEMBER 2009

To see the publicly released overall age 6+ PPM data for the September 2009 period (Thu. 8/20/09-Wed. 9/16/09), go to the Miami-Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Ratings Grid.

Additions to the grid:

Station Est % Share Cume Format Owner

WKAT-AM Spanish Religious Salem
WMCU-AM Religious Salem
WHSR-AM Ethnic Beasley

The next ratings period is for October 2009 (Thu. 9/17/09-Wed. 10/14/09), with the publicly released overall age 6+ PPM data to be released on Thu. 11/5/09.

You know what's almost comical? Take a look at the "grid." Now look at the company names in the right column. The TOP rated Miami station for Clear Channel is WMIA...the newest of their entire lot! Big has been around for a LONG time. WIOD is an institution. And disco is their top station.
You gotta chuckle.

(Congrats to Y, which has been an institution and is CC's #2 station 12+)

Just a reminder: the 4 Univision-owned stations that appear at the bottom of the grid listed with "zero" shares/cume are not PPM encoded.
Thus the shares of the remaining stations that are encoded are somewhat inflated & inaccurate.

I haven't looked at Miami ratings in a long time, but look at WINZ! And CC Miami was complaining that it was losing money as a progressive talker. They can't surely be profiting now, can they?

Looking at the radio dial in South Florida I find one word comes to mind WASTELAND. No wonder most of my friends and relatives have gone to the expense of satellite radio.

otherradioboy said:
You know what's almost comical? Take a look at the "grid." Now look at the company names in the right column. The TOP rated Miami station for Clear Channel is WMIA...the newest of their entire lot! Big has been around for a LONG time. WIOD is an institution. And disco is their top station.
You gotta chuckle.

(Congrats to Y, which has been an institution and is CC's #2 station 12+)

wonder if Party 93.1 would still be around had PPMs been introduced sooner. HDR isn't so hot 6+, of course we don't know what its numbers are in the dems though.

Also, WRMA, wow! now the lowest station 6+ just behind WKIS.

Finally, why are the Univision stations not PPMed; are they protesting them?

I believe PARTY would have done well, but in the end its the usual COX RADIO crap of taking the same 15 songs and pounding them harder than a [EDIT]
...therefore turning people off after a while.

Such a wasted opportunity by Bob Neil.....

[EDIT-offensive content]

Mike Sheridan said:
Looking at the radio dial in South Florida I find one word comes to mind WASTELAND. No wonder most of my friends and relatives have gone to the expense of satellite radio.

It's not all bad. WLYF is one of the best ACs in the country. I love their library, it's unique compared to what you would hear on other ACs in the country. I also like that they don't play much pop-rock Nickelback/Fray type bands. They have a nice texture. I am happy to see how good they are doing with PPM, one of the top ACs in the U.S.

Another wild one for you, I found the same ratings elsewhere on the web and it shows NCE WLRN beating out the leading commercial N/T stations. Beat WIOD by a very slim margin.

Classical South Florida WKCP was the next most popular NCE.

Mike Sheridan said:
DavidEduardo said:
musicfan said:

Yes.

How is that working out for them? The PPM ratings haven't stopped so far.

That's because David "Eduardo" Gleason relies on illegal immigrants for his Univision stations ratings and PPM is too sophisticated technology for illegals to use. They wouldn't understand it, so they boycott it.

BC_714 said:
That's because David "Eduardo" Gleason relies on illegal immigrants for his Univision stations ratings and PPM is too sophisticated technology for illegals to use. They wouldn't understand it, so they boycott it.

Illegal immigrants, as stated elsewhere, are unlikely to participate in any research that involves giving names, address, family data, income, etc... whether it be Arbitron's diary, the PPM or a telephone or in person pantry check or a consumer omnibus.

The one accredited market where Univision is subscribed shows higher cluster shares with the PPM than in the diary... both for that company and for Spanish language radio in general. That is because address based recruiting is used, among other positive things. With the small sample for PPM (about 1/7th the annual diary sample size) the placement and recruiting procedures are critical...

Mike Sheridan said:
DavidEduardo said:
musicfan said:

Yes.

How is that working out for them? The PPM ratings haven't stopped so far.

Nobody wants electroinc measurement stopped. Where the MRC has accredited the PPM, it is acceptable... but the one significant accredited market uses different procedures than all others. Many in the industry want address based recruiting and other improvements made in all other markets... including the AJ's in several states.

David, thanks for clearing that up and it makes sense.

I am a bit uneasy when people start talking about illegal immigrants. They never notice those who could be here illegally from Canada or England for obvious reasons. Who among us wouldn't do anything we could to improve the standard of living for our children?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom