• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

MeTV's parent now owns an LP station in Hartford-New Haven

I cut the cable, and discovered 35-1 thru 35-5 as WHCT-LP.

MeTV's parent company, Weigel Broadcasting, completed the sale of the station on September 30.

The Legal ID says Hartford-New Haven, so I'm guessing Weigel will try to get the station on the cable systems.

Lineup -
35-1 MeTV
35-2 Heroes & Icons
35-3 Start TV!
35-4 Movies!
35-5 Decades

From Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WHCT-LD

I cut the cable, and discovered 35-1 thru 35-5 as WHCT-LP.

MeTV's parent company, Weigel Broadcasting, completed the sale of the station on September 30.

The Legal ID says Hartford-New Haven, so I'm guessing Weigel will try to get the station on the cable systems.

Lineup -
35-1 MeTV
35-2 Heroes & Icons
35-3 Start TV!
35-4 Movies!
35-5 Decades

From Wikipedia - WHCT-LD - Wikipedia
Back in the analog days (circa 2008) they were on Channel 38 and aired a Spanish Language network called Azteca America. I was renting a room in Bristol and they had DISH NETWORK and DISH NETWORK carried Channel 38. DISH must've been picking up Channel 38 OTA as the picture was so snowy most days that it was unwatchable.

Meanwhile in 2020 COX Cable can put 35-1 on 22 and their other subs on 802, 804, 807, and 808.

Too bad they didn't buy WHPX/26 from ION. That would've gotten them on cable immediately. In case you haven't heard the ION Network is being sold to EW Scripps and several ION owned stations including WHPX/26 got spun off.

I think Connecticut was one of the few markets where Me-TV WASN'T available on over-the-air television in this country.

For a few years viewers in Southern Connecticut were able to view ME-TV OTA on WZME 43.1 out of Bridgeport. They went by the name ME-TV New York. WJLP licensed to Middletown Township, NJ made them drop ME-TV. They flipped to ME-TV's sister network Heroes and Icons. Then they went to Jimmy Swaggart's Son-Life Bible Network. Then on January 1st they switched to ShopLC - a reverse auction gemstone shopping network and as of November 1st they are now running ShopHQ (formerly known as EVINE and ShopNBC and ValueVision). This means Channel 43 has come full circle since the 1990s as back then they were WHAI-TV and ran the ValueVision shopping network most of the day.

As for cable providers in Connecticut, Frontier U-Verse has been carrying the national feed of ME-TV for several years. I don't know if this is still the case or not. I lost touch with the one person I know who has Frontier U-Verse.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom