• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Message For Rapaho

P

Pearle

Gentlemen: I realize that this is a male-dominated forum. As a woman I’m probably not too welcome here. But I wanted to ask a few questions of a certain member here. Rapaho. And I don’t know any other way to contact you.

I am retired from the Trinity Broadcasting Network. I am also a member and very active at Abundant Life Christian Center. We are located in La Marque, Texas. We currently operate a LPFM channel. We also purchase a lot of time on a TV channel in Houston.

In 2013 several members of our church sent you emails. We asked to purchase the digital construction permit for KVDO-LP (Channel 29). After Joe put KVDO-LP on analog Channel 25, an elder member contacted him asking to purchase the license. He gave us your phone number. We left several messages. You did not return our calls.

We were astonished and perplexed when we heard you surrendered the license back to the government. Our adviser told us that KVDO-LP on digital channel 29 had the potential to serve the entire city of Houston. As a Class A facility it also was eligible to participate in the future auction of TV spectrum. Whoever owned the license at the time of auction would likely receive millions.

I have spent hours reading the posts on this website. Joe obviously has a major grievance with you. I don’t mean to advocate for him by posting my question. Nor should Joe read into this as attempting to undermine his position.

I have looked for precedent online. I failed to uncover any examples. The voluntary surrender of a TV license potentially worth millions simply does not happen. I heard that Nate Williams wanted the license. Our church wanted it. And Joe definitely believes he had an interest in programming the station.

What in the world possessed you to just give it back to Uncle Sam?

Nothing wrong with being female and posting here... I've seen more than just you since I've been around. :)

I don't understand that decision with giving the license back, either. The whole thing's confusing to me, as an outsider. Why in the world would someone throw money away like that if they could make it by selling to a willing buyer?

As for Rapaho, try sending him a private message. I would think he may still be around...

And while he's the topic of conversation, what happened to Texas Mix (his TX country network)? The stream's been down for a while and I haven't picked up KHTZ recently like I used to. Have never heard the other two stations (KROY and KTWL) at my current location, so can't check those...

Yes, Pearle, you are a rarity around these parts, but you are most certainly welcome here. Concerning KVDO, why wasn't such a fuss made about the station when it sat dark for all those years? My best advice to you Pearle is to contact one of the low power outfits and inquire about pricing for a subchannel. KVVV-15 has an open channel for lease. KZHO-38 has one as well. Worth a shot, because resurrecting KVDO stands as much chance of succeeding as a one legged man winning a butt kicking contest. Just being a realist, best of luck to you in your search for a facility for your program offering.

Mouse, I can't verify KROY Palacios (KVST prevents that), but KTWL Hempstead is alive and well, as is KHTZ Ganado. Just heard 94-9 last night making its monorific appearance on the northside. The wait for 105-3 to act on its latest CP continues...

Re: KVVV

Purple, what's the story with KVVV? That was my first job in television, two decades ago, when it was owned by ValueVision, under VVI Baytown. That was during the era when home shopping networks were investing in full-power television stations in order to obtain cable carriage through must-carry. Of course, that particular call has a much more storied path in the annals of Houston broadcast history.

Re: KVVV

Purple, what's the story with KVVV? That was my first job in television, two decades ago, when it was owned by ValueVision, under VVI Baytown. That was during the era when home shopping networks were investing in full-power television stations in order to obtain cable carriage through must-carry. Of course, that particular call has a much more storied path in the annals of Houston broadcast history.

Not much I can offer other than what's public knowledge. It's owned by Abraham Telecasting Company, purchased in January 2013 out of liquidation after Pappas' financial woes forced the station into divestiture. It moved to digital 15 just after the new year of 2012, still under Pappas' ownership, but ran a loop of a commencement ceremony honoring Harry Pappas when it was on. As I recall, and I bet you Mediafrog would tell the story more precisely, this was the final analog signal to sign off in Houston. It, at that point, was still operating on analog 28. The only real programming I ever recall the facility utilizing under Pappas ownership was a simple simulcast of then co-owned KAZH 57 Baytown. At that point, KVVV (I forget the calls used for it back then) was still in operation on analog 53.

Since Abraham Tel. Co. has owned it, they have added 9 subchannels to go along with the main signal and IIRC, have been permitted to upgrade the facility to further cover the Houston metro.

Yes, the KVVV call is a "heritage" call in Houston, I suppose. Although, I don't think the original KVVV analog 16 allocation in Galveston lasted even a year. The calls have, as you alluded to, came and went a couple of times to different channels within the market.

I have worked with several female broadcast engineers (Margaret Bryant and Leslie Kveton at ABC RN, now owned by Cumulus as well as others)...

Women are certainly most welcomed here...why would you say otherwise??? (I find technically minded women great...and rare!!!)

As to asking Rapaho, there is no confirmation he is xxxxxxxxx...could be, maybe not......the question you asked him belongs in PM as the subject is dead and gone..KVDO is deleted from the database for some time now and no whining by a little child like creature will change that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gentlemen: I realize that this is a male-dominated forum. As a woman I’m probably not too welcome here. But I wanted to ask a few questions of a certain member here. Rapaho. And I don’t know any other way to contact you.
\
[deletia]

Pearle/Joe:

You know why Roy cancelled both licenses. This is old news. Please stop propagating your ceaseless tirade against Roy Henderson on the various forums, because I think all of us have had more than enough. And Joseph, I -have- ask you nicely.

Oh no, here we go again. I'm exiting from this conversation...

Oh no, here we go again. I'm exiting from this conversation...

Are you sure, Joe? You're the one who continues to perpetuate the conversation. Just read your constantly repeating signature.

You are NOT the licensee of KVDO-LP, and no amount of forged documents filed with the Commission will change that. if you have a problem with Roy Henderson (which it's rather obvious you do, you need to take that up directly with him, or through his legal counsel. The vast majority of those who read and contribute to this site don't care, and all your constant whining is accomplishing is to turn people against you.

As I explained -nicely- to you when you accused me of shuffling translators around, you really need to stop making unsubstantiated allegations like that because it does nothing to help you win friends and influence people, and only tends to erode your reputation.

Think about that, Joe. If you hold on to the past with one hand and the future with the other, it will rip you apart. You've got to let go of the past, and let go of the things that you can't change. Mr. Henderson has been infinitely patient with you and your shenanigans, but I have it on very good authority that this will soon pass. Put down your pride and walk away fom this situation, now while you still can.

The decision is yours. It's always been yours. You are the Captain of your own ship.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom