• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Melissa Long Leaves Wake Up Show

R

RJones

Melissa Long was saying goodbye to the viewers this morning.
I caught the tailend of her goodbye but I really didn't get
the info on where she was going to. Anyone know?

C

Re: Melissa Long Leaves Channel 8

At the end of Channel 8’s Early Morning Show on Friday Melissa Long gave a very brief statement saying that she was leaving the station. Long did not elaborate on where she was going, or what prompted her decision.

For those of you not familiar with the goings-on in the Rochester media Melissa Long had been a co-host of WROC’s Morning Show for a period of years when several weeks ago she suddenly started doing field reporting.

These sudden job changes lead many to speculate that either management wanted to replace her as host, or she wanted to return to reporting. While a friend of mine said that Long desired to do more work in the field, someone else posted a message on here saying that Long was very upset when informed she would no longer be hosting 8’s early show.

Here is another interesting thing I noticed. Even when Long went from early morning host to reporter, Channel 8 never bothered to change their web page. Yet today, just a short time after Long publicly announced that she was leaving, not only did the Early Morning Show ‘button’ on WROC’s web page disappear, but so did Long’s photo and biography. Someone from the front office made damn sure that changes to that web page were made immediately.

Already short-staffed, it will be interesting to see if 8 decides to add another reporter to replace Long, or try to get along with the reporting team they already have.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom