• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

March numbers are here

KSBJ is one of the best-sounding station in the Market from well-executed events to a solid morning show.
This....
They are very community involved with a full community outreach team and listenership connects with that. Any of the commercial stations could take this approach but it does cost $$$.

It's even more amazing they get the numbers they do with a signal that doesn't cover the entire market in a 60dBu signal.

The KSBJ signal reaches greater Houston and more with 60dBu via alternate stations, boosters, and translators.
Total coverage seems better than any other station here.
View attachment 6917

The primary 87 KW signal does well on its own.
View attachment 6918
Again, remember that the radio-locator contours are "predicted" and only the inner red circle is of any significance.

I doubt if there are any other stations that cover greater Houston any better than the collection of KSBJ signals.
View attachment 6922
You'd trust the operators of a radio station to be truthful about their station's coverage? Yeah, I know, "God" and all that. Sorry, I find it hard to believe this is an accurate representation, at least so far as showing where listeners (and potential partners in the church and business communities) can get a city-grade signal.

You'd trust the operators of a radio station to be truthful about their station's coverage? Yeah, I know, "God" and all that. Sorry, I find it hard to believe this is an accurate representation, at least so far as showing where listeners (and potential partners in the church and business communities) can get a city-grade signal.
Dont see the need for KSBJ to lie they have the numbers to back it up.

I don’t see any problem with the KSBJ coverage areas as depicted in those maps. Remember this is the flat-as-a-pancake Gulf Coast, with nothing but distance to degrade the signals.
Dont see the need for KSBJ to lie they have the numbers to back it up.
Exactly. Devoted audience.

Most of those circles are optimistic at best. I still say 92.1 would have been a good fit for Hope Media to fill that huge hole of Galveston, they could have then spun off 96.9 to someone else or put their Spanish station on that signal.
There is no hole in the coverage,Just on paper. on my frequent drives 3 times per week to Galveston UTBM, where I tune in to 89.3 FM KSBJ and find that it sounds excellent even in the area mentioned as the "Galveston hole."

It does.

But I imagine it is a different story indoors. There can't be many table top radios in Galveston than can receive KSBJ.
Well, when you find a table top radio for sale in Best Buy that isn't covered in dust (if it's on display at all), let me know. Streaming makes that less of an issue for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom