• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Magic 94.9 / August Ratings

Just took a look at the PPM numbers for August and I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet. Magic 94.9 has fallen to 16th place overall??? I know, I know.... it's all about the specific demos. BUT, I don't think I've ever seen that station as low as it showed up in August. Cume is still real high so I'm really wondering if PPM and the "walk by hearing" is what's killing this station. Also note that WFLZ came within a whisper of knocking off WDUV overall. It'll be interesting with Play 98.7 now on air to see how all the AC numbers shake out between 94.9, 98.7, 100.7, 101.5, and 105.5 all playing some version of the format.

Finally someone realizes CBS's secret! They came on the air talking about WFLZ and Mix, but it is WWRM that they are really after. WSJT is trying to be the new AC station in town and make WWRM only good for their annual Christmas music. A really smart play on CBS's part. Like a magician, distract with one hand while actually working with the other.

It may not stop 98.7 from going Christmas themselves when the time comes. Who wouldn't want a part of that holiday pie? Yum.

If CBS is planning to run it with robo most of the day, they can call it new for 15 years

MsMusicRadio said:
If CBS is planning to run it with robo most of the day, they can call it new for 15 years

If you are refering to 94.9, they were calling themselves "new" longer than that. WWRM started life on 107.3, as "The New Warm 107.3" in 1988!

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

So WWRM is still New after 22 years. I've got canned food in my fall-out/Y2K/
Dec.2012 shelter that are "newer" than that.

MsMusicRadio said:
So WWRM is still New after 22 years. I've got canned food in my fall-out/Y2K/
Dec.2012 shelter that are "newer" than that.
That's good!
Any food older than 21 years old should have the right to vote.

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

Hypothetically-----if the world enters a "new age' in 2012 as opposed to blowing up which the optomistic "prophets imply-------COX Broadcasting will obviously be prepared for this as their stations are always new and will be "voted number one at work" after any great cosmic upheavals. Makes me feel good to know if I enter another plane of awareness that I can still listen to Magic.--------great moniker too for what we will need.

The great NEW age will come in on the wings of a New Eagle and a DOVE. Humans will see the "X" that will "Point" to a great "Bone" that will give "New" Meaning" to a "New Age" that will always be "NEW"

MsMusicRadio said:
Hypothetically-----if the world enters a "new age' in 2012 as opposed to blowing up which the optomistic "prophets imply-------COX Broadcasting will obviously be prepared for this as their stations are always new and will be "voted number one at work" after any great cosmic upheavals. Makes me feel good to know if I enter another plane of awareness that I can still listen to Magic.--------great moniker too for what we will need.

The great NEW age will come in on the wings of a New Eagle and a DOVE. Humans will see the "X" that will "Point" to a great "Bone" that will give "New" Meaning" to a "New Age" that will always be "NEW"
Right on "Q"...

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

The problem will be that CBS and CC stations don't stay "NEW". Therefore only Cox stations will be here for the NEW age Millenium. Cox will own all media after Dec. 2012 with a huge transmitter at the pinacles of the great pyramids of Egypt and Mexico. Cox will be voted number one at work by the space pilots who will come from their pictures on pyramid walls and teach humankind a NEW way to live. Delilah will play only seagull sounds and take requests from wood sprites and nymphs with relationship issues. Of course Delilah will now work for Cox. B98.5 in Atlantis becomes the mother ship and is now known as "Being 98.5" . The airstaff at "the Bone" mellows out and ride bikes to work.

MsMusicRadio said:
The problem will be that CBS and CC stations don't stay "NEW". Therefore only Cox stations will be here for the NEW age Millenium. Cox will own all media after Dec. 2012 with a huge transmitter at the pinacles of the great pyramids of Egypt and Mexico. Cox will be voted number one at work by the space pilots who will come from their pictures on pyramid walls and teach humankind a NEW way to live. Delilah will play only seagull sounds and take requests from wood sprites and nymphs with relationship issues. Of course Delilah will now work for Cox. B98.5 in Atlantis becomes the mother ship and is now known as "Being 98.5" . The airstaff at "the Bone" mellows out and ride bikes to work.

Sigh.....

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom