• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

LPFM to HD upgrade

Hey Jeff,

Yes, I'm hoping to get the TPO down to 203 which could make it to -14dBc with 14 watts to spare :)

adding a second bay and a combiner to my mast shouldn't cost much -- hopefully lol

The kids want extended hybrid. I'll do my best for them :)

Last edited:
BTW I mentioned a TPO goal of 170 in an earlier post -- typing too fast.

Having fun tho :)

I think TPO of 203 would probably be what I need.

This coming from a music teacher :)

Well, We did it... It was quite an adventure!

It turned out that the HD system required much more head-room than I had expected, so I ended up having to do a full-wave 2-bay antenna system to get our analog TPO down under 130 watts. It works!!

I'm very interest in what the kids will do with their new HD Radio hybrid station :)

A BIG "THANK YOU" to all of those on this great forum who chimed in -- Radio is clearly alive and well!!

Ralph
KVCB-LP/HD
Vacaville, Ca.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom