• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Looking for an Arrakis Digilink DL3 or DL2

Yes! This is an odd request! I am looking for an Arrakis Digilink DL3 or DL2 system that is working with the DOS software in tact, preferably with the music storage option in tact as well. I am working on a video project for my youtube channel on the history of radio and early automation, this is one of the pieces of equipment I would like to include having worked in radio during that era. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have made contact with one station that was giving some DL2 units away, but after two months of discussion it is appearing it is not going to happen. I know about all the issues people had with these units, it is strictly for filming, preservation, and will become a working museum piece once the video is completed. I will pay for shipping of the unit and associated parts that make it work, I am willing to pay for one, but prefer a donation if possible. Thanks!

Also other things I am looking for include a system called "Phonebyte" made by The Blue Group, it also ran on DOS software. It was mainly used in stations to record incoming phoners. I would be interested in other outdated working equipment from the 1990's to 2000. Again, thanks.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 5
  • DL3.jpg
    DL3.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 22k1.gif
    22k1.gif
    8.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 94 nab1.jpg
    94 nab1.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 2
  • blue-group-phonebyte.png
    blue-group-phonebyte.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 2
Richinald, where is it located roughly? I am interested. By not working, do you mean it has been out of service, or the unit is non-functional?

Just an update, there is some other systems out there I am also interested in. This is for a video project on the radio station computer automation era starting in the 1990's (I know there mechanical switch automation systems, but holding on that for now).

Things I am looking for:
Arrakis Digilink 2, 3, 4 (working systems preferable)
Arrakis Digilink 2 or 3 floppy install disks
UDS or UDS2 also known as 'Ultimate Digital Studio' (or version 2)
RCS Master Control DOS
MusicMaster Scheduling DOS fully working version, I think there was a dongle involved?
Selector Scheduling DOS fully working version
Phonebyte made by BlueGroup Com back in the late 90's-early 2000's
Pacific Research audio console (smaller one preferred)
Denon CD Cart Machine
Newer style cart machines made in the 1990's
TASCAM cassette deck
Sony DAT
QCP-TV Teleprompter parallel dongle (also known as a parallel sentinel key)

Any other interesting gear really, preferably for donation, I can provide credits to the person/station that contributed to the video.
The gear will be preserved in a radio museum complete with a functional control room I am currently working on.

Thank You.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom