• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

longest aircheck

We've ALL started like that.
Yeah, I suppose so.

I think my longest continuous "aircheck" I recorded was a 60+ hour chunk of the online-only WQEZ recreation, not to preserve per se, but to split up into 1 or 2 hour chunks, with jingles and IDs stripped out so I can play them continuously without any interruptions.

Knowing what I do now, I wish I could go back in time and record a bunch of airchecks of my favorite stations. I had several VCRs and tuners I could've used to record several at the same time, so I had the tools, but the thought of making airchecks of radio stations using them never occurred to me (TV shows, on the other hand, I recorded many of).

c

When I lived in Denver in the early 90's, every year or so KBCO would do a full weekend designed for recording cassette tapes (and promoted on air as such). Continuous music with only 2 breaks an hour. This was back when the station was locally owned and very eclectic compared to their current iHeart version of the station. They said that lots of people were recording KBCO to send to friends out of the area due to the relatively unique format. I have one tape from one of those weekends, but in hindsight, I wish I'd recorded more, would like to have more recordings from that era. KBCO was great back then.

Will, wasn't it you who recorded pretty much continuously the last six months or so of 98.9 Austin's Greatest Hits? I seem to remember someone on this board thinking that Border Media was in trouble and that 98.9 would change formats, but nothing had been announced yet.

Back
Top Bottom