• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Live365.com

quietboy

Inactive
Inactive User
Does anybody use Live365.com? If so, what package do you have? What are the things that you like or don't like about it? Is there anything similar to Live365.com out there?

I began with Live365 in 2001..almost 10 years ago.

Currently I'm running with the P4 package and am expecting an upgrade to PRO within the next several weeks. (you are not allowed to run any of your own spots or promotions on the audio stream on the "P" (personal) packages.) Because it appears we will have a couple of on-air sponsors shortly, I have begun preparing to make that upgrade.

The things I like: the package covers all the royalties; the "basic" mode provides a quick back-up in the event of power failure or Internet downtime; Live365 itself has had very little downtime over the past five years; and they now gave 'switching" from live to basic, or vice-versa, without dropping all the listeners. That used to be a pretty big issue among Live365's broadcasters.

Things I'm not so crazy about: your station has to be PRO to get a listing on iTunes; the requirement to log-in to listen (even for the free slots, so this seems a little burdensome to some folks); and the number of ads in the Live365 free listener streams. The advertiser spots I understand, but the VIP membership ones are maybe a little too frequent.)

I know LoudCity is somewhat similar in some respects, but I have not used them so can't comment on their services.

I'm developing my station, WJJD Big D Country, into a "local" internet station, meaning it will operate just like a local station - only the delivery method is different. Before, I was hesitant, because everytime I'd go from live back to basic mode the listeners would be kicked off and have to re-start their stream. Now I'm doing a Monday-Friday morning show and some Sunday local programming.

I hope this helps.

Alan

We chose LoudCity - no opening ad, doesn't kick listeners off after an hour or ask listeners to pay - using shoutcast stream allows you go live and back to automation without dropping listeners - which is SUPER important, when they go, they are gone and you can easily have live shows which is fun.

rickity
www.gulchradio.com

We use LIVE365 to stream our two stations. There are several reasons why.

1) Royalties (They can literally kill a station)

2) The Meta Data required by law is automatically uploaded

3) As stated above, LIVE365 is pretty reliable with hardly any dropouts.

Our website bsupulse.com has both streams under the listen tab. Both play different genres of music.

@Rickity: Is that right? No room at the Loudcity inn? I wonder if that means they will either fold or merge with another provider? Either way, lucky I was able to get in! (Loudcity broadcaster since 2007.)

DToTheJ said:
@Rickity: Is that right? No room at the Loudcity inn? I wonder if that means they will either fold or merge with another provider? Either way, lucky I was able to get in! (Loudcity broadcaster since 2007.)

I know this is an old thread, but Loudcity became full when SWCast went down (the reason). They may still have some availability, but another licensing agency came along for streaming at http://streamlicensing.com Pricing is similar to LC, and I know is currently available for new streams. Need licensing; might check them out.

I've been pretty happy with Live365 for my needs. The royalties are the biggest bonus. I don't have to mess with that detail. Live365 handles all that. I use the lowest PRO package ($107 monthly.)

I've been running my "Local" online country radio station "TBJS Radio Network" at www.thebigjohnshow.com since July 1, 2011. We have different shows AND I do a live show there weekdays 11am to 2pm CDT, then work at my other part time gig at another over the air station in the Fort Smith, AR market.

I run my own advertising, local and national. Constantly looking for advertisers. We like to help local business's, especially those who depend on local & tourism. I always look forward to doing local live events and sports. Technically, we are a "LOCAL" online station

Depending on your own needs, Live365 is a very good option in my opinion.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom