• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Lindsey Reiser of KTVK/KPHO to MSNBC

WOW! Good for Lindsey. Great anchor and reporter. AZ Family's loss for sure.

In my opinion, she should've been promoted to full-time anchor when Brandon Lee left in 2018.

I must admit that I didn't see this coming.

As to being promoted to full-time anchor when Brandon Lee left last year, how would you have used her -- which paring/newscasts?

I must admit that I didn't see this coming.

As to being promoted to full-time anchor when Lee left last year, how would you have used her -- which paring/newscasts?

Interesting question. I guess I would've paired her with Dillingham for one of the newscasts during the week. They seemed to mesh pretty well when they anchored weekends together a couple of years back. Lindsey's work ethic seems tremendous.

That said, it's pretty rare we see an Arizona anchor "make it" to a national news network. At least in recent years anyway. Either way, I'm happy for her. Thanks for asking. :cool:

Who takes the spot

Interesting question. I guess I would've paired her with Dillingham for one of the newscasts during the week. They seemed to mesh pretty well when they anchored weekends together a couple of years back. Lindsey's work ethic seems tremendous.

That said, it's pretty rare we see an Arizona anchor "make it" to a national news network. At least in recent years anyway. Either way, I'm happy for her. Thanks for asking. :cool:

Too me the real question is who takes her place? My vote goes for Kylie Cruz

Other than ABC's Elizabeth Vargas, who was at Channel 3 in the mid '80s, I can't think of another one. Although she went to the network after a couple of years at WBBM-TV Chicago first.

Even in sports, they're rare. The only sports guy I can think of is John Anderson of ESPN, who was at Channel 5 during their early CBS days (1994-95).

Kylie would be an excellent choice. In fact, I think a network will be calling her within the next couple of years, if not for a network position, then for an O&O. She's just that good.

Kylie would be an excellent choice. In fact, I think a network will be calling her within the next couple of years, if not for a network position, then for an O&O. She's just that good.

It would certainly give Kylie more experience with harder news. GMAZ is often (but not always) a bit on the fluffier side.

I didn't see anything special about her one way or the other.
More than ability, she probably knew someone or just happened
to be in the right place at the right time............

Other than ABC's Elizabeth Vargas, who was at Channel 3 in the mid '80s, I can't think of another one. Although she went to the network after a couple of years at WBBM-TV Chicago first.

Even in sports, they're rare. The only sports guy I can think of is John Anderson of ESPN, who was at Channel 5 during their early CBS days (1994-95).

Jodi Applegate from hosting GMAZ to MSNBC and later Today Show Hour 3(?).

Jodi Applegate from hosting GMAZ to MSNBC and later Today Show Hour 3(?).

I forgot about her, but IIRC, she was the host, not a news anchor. I think they had someone else reading the news (Liz Habib?) during GMAZ's early years.

Kylie is good, but wouldn't be surprised if they want to keep her with Jamie Cerreta. They work well together on GMAZ weekend

Lindsey Reiser deserves a promotion as she has a cool presence delivering news as well as a pleasing on screen personality.

Kylee Cruz has the excellent skill set to move up as well. She is perfect as the co-anchor with Jamie Cerreta on weekend GMAZ.
She could move to anchor weekend evenings but I hope she stays where she is, now.

As far as local making it to big time: Christie Paul of CNN worked at Channel 3, KTVK News back in the day.

Just as an observation, AZ Family, KTVK 3 and KPHO CBS5 have taken the lead doing local news.
Congratulations to AZFamily's leadership, technical staff & personalities.
Other Phoenix channels just don't seem as polished, consistently.

Just as an observation, AZ Family, KTVK 3 and KPHO CBS5 have taken the lead doing local news.
Congratulations to AZFamily's leadership, technical staff & personalities.
Other Phoenix channels just don't seem as polished, consistently.

The Meredith stations are far and away the best newscasts in town. With the rumors about them exiting the TV business, I hope it can stay that way.

Channel 15 is the best of the rest. A lot of people don't like Katie Raml, but she's OK in my book.

Channel 10 still has a good foundation, and a few folks that have been around since it was CBS. But given the mouth-running of a couple of its anchors, it's still seems tied to Fox News more than an O&O should be. I can no longer expect a truly objective newscast from them.

Channel 12 is still a hot mess that will get worse when Bruce Cooper retires next year. Outside of Cooper and Mark Curtis, most of the rest of their news staff acts like they need more experience, like maybe in Reno or Duluth. And they need to dump that Bidwill-serving Cardinals programming. They have it far too tied into their own sports department. Sports talk radio can get away with it, but not a major network TV affiliate.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom