• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Laura Ingraham to be considered as White House press secretary

"Considered" is not hired. And she is the one promoting herself as being considered. Her radio show doesn't have much of an audience; even most fans of right-wing talk have never heard her. Mostly she is a talking head on cable and that is not so far from the job for which she claims The Donald is considering her - spinning and lying for a living.

I'd suggest that she would probably not take it, if offered, because of the cut in salary I think she would have to take from her radio show.

Then again, Trump/Bannon is apparently going to have it's own media.

Perhaps, but they still have to deal with the organized media. Not only from the US but the world.

Or they can run the government the way Jimmy Carter did. You remember how successful that was.

I think Laura would be an ideal Press Secretary for the Trump Administration. She would be unconventional, but she's smart, knows the media, and would provide the push back necessary to keep the WH Press Corps focused on accomplishments of the administration.

I hope she gets the job.

I think Laura would be an ideal Press Secretary for the Trump Administration. She would be unconventional, but she's smart, knows the media, and would provide the push back necessary to keep the WH Press Corps focused on accomplishments of the administration.

The WH Press Corps don't react well to that kind of press secretary. It's been tried before. That's what a publicist does. Not a press secretary.

I hope she gets the job.

Accomplishments, if any. But can she keep them distracted from screw ups and emerging scandals?

Already within a week of the election, people are getting hired and then fired. Being considered and even hired is one thing. Staying is another. Ask Chris Christie and Donald's ex-wives.

Accomplishments, if any.

Not everyone clerks for a Supreme Court justice; that is certainly an indication of intelligence and a sound thought process.

Not necessarily, especially if they leave the practice of law almost immediately afterwards.

That seemed to work for Megan Kelly and Kimberly Guilfoyle.

But Ingraham went from the clerking position on to private practice with a major NYC law firm where she apparently stayed for several years while also developing her media career.

Last edited:
But Ingraham went from the clerking position on to private practice with a major NYC law firm where she apparently stayed for several years while also developing her media career.

All I'm saying is clerking for Clarence Thomas is no real indication of sound thinking.

No single position of employment, in and of itself, is necessarily a 'real indication of sound thinking'. However, her credentials well suit her to be a good Press Secretary if she is selected for the position. She'd be, in my view, far better than Josh Earnest or Dana Perino were.

A "press secretary" is a flack. It's a PR job. Ingraham is a talk show host and not a very successful one at that. The press secretary does not set communications policy - the guy from Breitbart will do that. The press secretary says what he/she/it is told to say and often they don't know what's really going on - all the better to lie without knowing they are lying.

In any case, she is promoting herself for the job - or for the attention in getting people to think she's being considered. And some people here fell for it.

However, her credentials well suit her to be a good Press Secretary if she is selected for the position. She'd be, in my view, far better than Josh Earnest or Dana Perino were.

Not true. She's never been a working reporter. She's a lawyer and a commentator. She's never been a spokesperson for anyone but herself. She's qualified to become Special Assistant on Communications. That is an actual position that advises the president on communications policy.

Am I the only one who thinks it's odd that Ingraham hasn't been on the air since July 14....and the fill-in hosts have no idea what to say about her return.....and the affiliate sales guy at Courtside doesn't return calls to stations who carry her?

I hadn't heard she was off. It is the normal time of year to be on vacation, so perhaps that's all it is. If she's no back next Monday, then that might indicate something else is up.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom