• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Latest in Tri/Walla Walla

Santa 95.7 seems to be on low power. Not audible in Yakima anymore when they were fuzzy yet audible before, and a little better up on the Englewood/Scenic hills and around Fred Meyer, but with a lot of dropouts. In fact, KJEB Seattle showed up the other day.
Issue on Pikes Peak (in the Blues, not Colorado)?

On a similar topic 94.5 (fox sports) out of Walla Walla has recently been sounding twice as louder as any other locals in SE Washington. Not sure what is going on here.

KKSR is back to its fuzzy yet audible self...main transmitter back online.

Moody Bible has filed two pieces of FCC paperwork for their 104.3 K282AA Kennewick translator taking a signal for KMBI.

The first item is an STA to go silent as 104.3 now causes jnterference to KZJJ 104.5 Mesa. The second item is a request to change to 92.9 and drop to just 11 watts from (I assume) Jumpoff Joe and formalize the status as a non-fill-in translator. (How K282AA ever could have been a fill-in translator at 274 watts being fed by KYOZ is beyond me.)

K282AA 104.3 has been silent since just prior to KZJJ's commencement. KTZB-LP 104.7 is also down but without paperwork.

95.7 back on aux transmitter, 1500 watts in Kennewick.
KMBI might as well redirect Tri listeners to moodyradionorthwest.fm. 92.9 will be a nightmare to use as the KGDC/Walla Walla translator gets out very well. They are an easy grab throughout most of the region.

Jeff Jacobs gains two more stations - KDRM 99.3 and KBSN 1470 in Moses Lake via an LMA, per RadioInsight. I wonder if they will end up flipping formats or services...

Meanwhile, 95.7 (back to regular format) is back to normal power too.

Jeff Jacobs gains two more stations - KDRM 99.3 and KBSN 1470 in Moses Lake via an LMA, per RadioInsight. I wonder if they will end up flipping formats or services...

Meanwhile, 95.7 (back to regular format) is back to normal power too.
Aside from some minor technical improvements (i.e. adding RDS and streaming services), I don't think KDRM or KBSN will change much under Jeff Jacobs - as any significant changes to either station could impact local advertisers/revenue. KDRM/KBSN are important sources of news and info for the Moses Lake community and provide local outreach and a presence at community events. I think KDRM/KBSN will remain in good hands under Jacobs' ownership.

Quick update on KDRM/KBSN

KDRM has introduced improved imaging/sweepers while retaining its 80s-esque jingles. KBSN has flipped to Classic Country "Real Country 1470"; not sure if there is still any local news/info on either station; I plan to record IQs tonight while I'm here.

Yes, KBSN has dropped news/talk. There is no longer a News/Talk station in this very conservative county. Unless you count KPQ-560 Wenatchee, which I'm sure some farmers and locals are having to switch to. I wonder if KBSN will keep their HS sports coverage.

I remember hearing on some sort of promotional announcement from Jacobs Radio that they would continue high school sports coverage. Not 100% sure though. I was in Moses Lake this last weekend and got I/Q from both KDRM and KBSN; I'll have to look though and see if I can't pluck the announcement.

Both Moses Lake stations have yet to appear in the "Jacobs Radio" Android app.
But they're in the iOS App; I'm listening to KDRM from Pasco.

KZHR-92.5 Dayton/Walla Walla tweaks format. La Super out, "Juan" in. Still Spanish, of course.

Both KDRM and KBSN now appear in an updated version of the Jacob's Radio Android app. Unfortunately, the KBSN Barix Internet audio sounds like it's POTS quality. Hopefully, local listeners enjoy a better sound.

The FCC approved defacto Jacob Radio's request to upgrade the now-KBSN-fed translator in Ephrata. It will be 100 watts instead 45 watts and will be on 107.9 (K299CC) instead of 107.1 (K296BP). The sale paperwork of the xltr from Centro Familiar Cristiano to Jacob is ongoing.

The FCC approved defacto Jacob Radio's request to upgrade the now-KBSN-fed translator in Ephrata. It will be 100 watts instead 45 watts and will be on 107.9 (K299CC) instead of 107.1 (K296BP). The sale paperwork of the xltr from Centro Familiar Cristiano to Jacob is ongoing.
They're moving it to 107.7 (299D), not 107.9 (300D).

Both KDRM and KBSN now appear in an updated version of the Jacob's Radio Android app. Unfortunately, the KBSN Barix Internet audio sounds like it's POTS quality. Hopefully, local listeners enjoy a better sound.

They're moving it to 107.7 (299D), not 107.9 (300D).
You are correct. 107.9 would be a major change.. 107.7 is a minor one +/- 600kHz. Time for eyeglasses.

So 107.1 will be vacated in Ephrata?

So 107.1 will be vacated in Ephrata?
Yes, though KWVN will be wiped out. I have a feeling though once Jeff Jacobs takes over, he'll begin the process of moving the translator to Moses Lake - likely on Marsh Island with KDRM/KBSN. Moving the translator to 107.7 eliminates the adjacent channel issue with K295AU 106.9 which is south of I-90. Also for the record, the translator will likely get RDS once KBSN begins simulcasting (though possibly not right away; it took five months for KDRM to get RDS).

Back
Top Bottom