• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Lake Tropo Happening Now - IL, WI, IN, MI

To those of you in the Chicago, Milwaukee and western MI areas, there's pretty good tropospheric enhancement happening right now.

I'm pulling in signals from Muskegon (WLCS, WVIB, WMRR), Grand Rapids (WBCT, WLAV, WHTS), and South Bend, IN. All are very stable and WHTS (which I've never gotten before) is strong and stable despite the 1st adjacent local here in Chicago at 105.1. WHFB Benton Harbor, MI is currently outpowering the local 99.9 from south suburban Chicago too.

I'm thinking that it could be this way for a few hours, but we'll see.

Thanks for the tip. Got never heard before WCXT 98.3 South Haven, MI "The Coast" WAUS 90.7, Radio-X 96.1 etc. coming in better than usual, but I've heard them.

OK, I'm heading out again after an off day yesterday. Thunderstorms last night and moderate rain made DXing difficult.

-crainbebo

It's faded off a bit, though WBCT and WLHT are still coming through (the former strongly, the latter weakly) from Grand Rapids. Earlier in the day, almost every Grand Rapids and Muskegon area FM signal not shared by a Chicago class B was represented. At one point, every 0.2 MHz between 97.9 and 102.3 was full.

Interesting to me that the FCC licensed some of the same frequencies to Grand Rapids/Holland/Muskegon as they did to Milwaukee/Sheboygan. It's as if they only looked at each state's map and forgot that Lake Michigan isn't one of the oceans! If I have conflicts here between the 95.7s in MKE and GRR, I can't imagine what fun it is near the lakefronts in WI and MI!!

BRNout said:
To those of you in the Chicago, Milwaukee and western MI areas, there's pretty good tropospheric enhancement happening right now.

I'm pulling in signals from Muskegon (WLCS, WVIB, WMRR), Grand Rapids (WBCT, WLAV, WHTS), and South Bend, IN. All are very stable and WHTS (which I've never gotten before) is strong and stable despite the 1st adjacent local here in Chicago at 105.1. WHFB Benton Harbor, MI is currently outpowering the local 99.9 from south suburban Chicago too.

I'm thinking that it could be this way for a few hours, but we'll see.

Thanks for the tip. I heard WHFB and something from the Grand Rapids area.

CKCO-TV2, Wiarton, Ontario (100 KW on channel 2), received at Midvale, Utah on Monday, about 3:30-4:30 PM.
Audio was heard on a pocket scanner in NBFM mode, indoors! Intermittent video on TV set with outdoor (balcony) antenna...fighting with another channel 2 analog carrying "Oprah". Measured 30-40 uV/m Field Intensity at 2 meters above ground.

Total path, about 1582 miles.

Monday, I got several FM stations from Colorado, including KKHI Denver, CO, KLDV Morrison, CO, KYDN Monte Vista, CO, active rock UNID on 102.1, classical UNID on 91.1, Adult Alternative UNID on 105.7, and a excellent logging from Texas

101.9 KATP Amarillo, TX!!

Distance-1360 miles from Bothell, WA!!

-crainbebo

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom