• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Lake Charles 6+ Ratings 8/5/21

A few interesting observations:
  • Gator overtakes Kix in ratings
  • KTSR's urban AC shift seems to be dying on the vine
  • For both rock and CHR, Beaumont is ahead of Lake Charles stations
    • KIOC over KKGB
    • KKMY over KBIU
  • Even Nash Icon 'rimshot' KQLK is above KBIU
I haven't listened to KBIU in a while, KKGB has been stale for years so no surprise there.

Any updates on when Merchant Broadcasting's KEZM may return to the air?

Curious on opinions from others in the industry.

A few interesting observations:
  • Gator overtakes Kix in ratings

For reasons I'd rather not state, this both makes me really happy and doesn’t surprise me in the least. I’m more surprised Kix had maintained as long as it had. I hope this continues to hold up.

Townsquare has done a spectacular job with country music in South Louisiana. The Gator and The Dawg are both excellent. I'm curious on how CCSN is received in Lake Charles... I suspect it's equally popular in SWLA as it is in Acadiana, but don't want to assume.

Having said that, Cumulus dropped the Nash branding from KXKC a while back and the music selection is GREAT. If the trend in Lake Charles continues, I suspect they won't wait too long before giving Kix some attention.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom