• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KXKC Drops Nash-FM Branding

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/197125/kxkc-drops-nash-fm-branding/

KXKC Will keep the country format in the brand renaming.

I'm surprised it took this long. They went from the #1 country station in the market to the bottom after the change. I'm sure it was a corporate cram-down when Cumulus acquired them. There was also a marked change in the music selection when KXKC became Nash, and it sent listeners to competitor 97-3 The Dawg (KMDL-Kaplan) in droves and they enjoyed the #1 country spot in Lafayette for several years. Curious to see how this changes things, especially since KXKC is a C1 and KMDL is a C2.

I'm surprised it took this long. They went from the #1 country station in the market to the bottom after the change. I'm sure it was a corporate cram-down when Cumulus acquired them. There was also a marked change in the music selection when KXKC became Nash, and it sent listeners to competitor 97-3 The Dawg (KMDL-Kaplan) in droves and they enjoyed the #1 country spot in Lafayette for several years. Curious to see how this changes things, especially since KXKC is a C1 and KMDL is a C2.
The exact same thing happened with the Cumulus country outlet in Lexington, KY. They purchased the top country station in the market (92.9 "K93") in the early 2000's along with several others and formed a cluster. It didn't take long before they drove it into the ground and relatively new competitor at the time, 98.1 The Bull (Clear Channel/iHeart) overtook it with ease. The downward spiral started with a rebrand from its heritage name "K93" to "92.9 The Bear" but just days ago (the same day KXKC dropped "Nash" branding) Cumulus dropped the "Nash" name and decided to bring back the heritage "K" name. At this point though, it's too little, too late I'm afraid.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom