• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KWSS-LP - 106.7

ALRIGHT, SO....

I guess we have a new alternative station in Phoenix, and it's all pretty confusing to me since I'm sort of new to this all over again.

First of all, I've been enjoying the station. However, I've been noticing that there are certain times when they really play more songs that I love for an extended period of time than others. Another thing is that they have a lot of talk shows, news segments, and even a BBC news segment, and I mean for an entire hour time slot or longer, not just top of the hour. They also have a few talk show segments. I also enjoyed their alternative dance mixshow last night.

I am loving this entire schedule set up, but is this normal for an alternative station (that isn't primarily a talk station)? And I guess there must be different types of alternative because as I said earlier, certain times of the day seem to focus more on particular alternate sounds I like than others.

I think I found this station at the right time because I sort of needed a break from some of the other things on the dial. With the way this station sounds, I'm thinking they should probably consider a dubstep and an alternative electronica show featuring both downtempo and uptempo alternative material. I believe they already feature songs from around the world and a lot of indie local talent. One problem is that only 1 to 4% of the songs they play actually show up on music tracking sites, so I don't know exactly who or what is being played most of the time. I believe one of the reasons it sounds so great is because they are INDEPENDENTLY owned.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom