• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KTWV

Just wanted to know do the admins think ktwv might tweak their format to make advertisers Happy so they would get higher billing? I know as a whole cluster for audacy it probably doesn't matter but just saying you want all your tires on your car to be in excellent condition. just saying

Just wanted to know do the admins think ktwv might tweak their format to make advertisers Happy so they would get higher billing? I know as a whole cluster for audacy it probably doesn't matter but just saying you want all your tires on your car to be in excellent condition. just saying
KTWV is already a very high biller. There is nothing within their "exclusive" niche they can do except continuing to test music and keep the demos under 55 as much as they can.

This is a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" situation.

KTWV is already a very high biller. There is nothing within their "exclusive" niche they can do except continuing to test music and keep the demos under 55 as much as they can.

This is a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" situation.
Oh ok David I'm wrong then I thought they were a low biller my bad

Oh ok David I'm wrong then I thought they were a low biller my bad

They were, up until around 2010, when Jhani Kaye transitioned them over a period of about four years from the old New Age/Classic Rock format to what is essentially a Urban AC. The billing went up fairly quickly and stayed there.

As David says, there's nothing needed for The Wave except to keep doing music tests on the library and keep the bulk of the listeners in the 35-54 demo. They've stayed very close to the way Jhani set it up, which is probably the smartest thing that they could do.

I like Ktwv. Not my first choice but a purrty good station. Much better now then there smooth jazz period. A few months ago they played at night around 10 or so LIFEHOUSE HANGING BY A MOMENT. I was very surprised.

Back
Top Bottom