• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KTLA 5 anchor Hal Fishman dies at 75 from Colin cancer

Julius May said:
Julius May said:
He was the longest running news anchor in the history of Television. He anchored the news on LA TV since 1960 KTLA Website: http://ktla.trb.com , LA Times: http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-fishman8aug08,0,6792962.story?coll=la-home-center
CORRECTION: 1965, Fishman moved to KTLA-TV after 5 years at KCOP, joined KTTV-TV Channel 11 in 1970, returned to KTLA in 1971, KHJ-TV (now KCAL-TV) Channel 9 in 1973 before returning to KTLA in 1975.
The Morning News Team paid tribute to Mr. Fishman all morning. Moving......

Colin cancer

Why not try "colon" cancer. ;)

Seeing all of the main anchors this morning between 9-10 a.m. on KTLA really looked like they had lost their dad.

Hal Fishman was bigger than life.

Seeing all of the main anchors this morning between 9-10 a.m. on KTLA really looked like they had lost their dad.

They did. :'(

Tonight's tribute broadcast to Hal Fishman was amazing.

If there is any interest, I have recorded to DVD the one-hour broadcast which aired without commercials.

I noticed that Hal's voice seemed a little raspy, the last time I visited So. Cal. in late June. I was watching KTLA's news. I was amazed on how he was still strong as ever at age 75 on Channel 5. I am sorry to hear of his passing. RIP.

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts

Peter Q. George (K1XRB) said:
I noticed that Hal's voice seemed a little raspy, the last time I visited So. Cal. in late June. I was watching KTLA's news. I was amazed on how he was still strong as ever at age 75 on Channel 5. I am sorry to hear of his passing. RIP.

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts

I watched what was to be his last broadcast on 7/30 and Hal seemed somewhat off his game. The energy level wasn't quite there and he appeared to be a bit distracted. I just thought he needed a vacation. Little did I realize (as apparently did anyone else at KTLA) how sick he truly was.

But as a native Angeleno I watched Hal Fishman from the beginning and I always found his delivery of the news to be without parallel. He was passionate about the stories, committed to accuracy when other TV news sources were (and are) less so and compassionate of those whose stories he told.

He was amazing.

db

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom