• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KQLZ Flips on Friday/"Big Jack" Armstrong Retires

nwoidaho

Inactive
Inactive User
At some point overnight on Monday, "Idaho's Oldies Channel"/99.1 KQLZ began playing Micheal Jackson's "Thriller" on a loop with a line between the songs...

“Friday. High Noon. It’s Bronco Season.”

Within the next day, One of Boise's radio legends has decided to retire.

"Big Jack" Armstrong hangs up his Mic after 36 years in the business.

For my experience with Big Jack, he was always a class act. When I was working for him, we always managed to have a good time, even when the growing pains of corporate radio came knocking on Boise's door, Jack was able to withstand all the garbage and bullsh*t some of these people put up against him.

He was one of the first persons to have faith in me and put me, "His Baby DJ" on the air at 17 years old. I've never really got to tell him, since I was a f*ck up and got fired from this job, but THANK YOU JACK for all the FUN we had. Working with him was part of the best time of my life. Not being able to find his voice on the dial is a huge disappointment.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom