• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KPFG-LP on air???

Driving by the KXYZ site heading towards Houston I picked up Spanish Christian music on 87.9. I'm wondering if this is the new LPFM granted in Pasadena. Although KPFG-LP CP shows 94.9 FM which has no carrier. I heard an attempt at an ID of 87.9 FM but no call letters followed. Any thoughts anyone?

There is a Spanish language religious pirate on 87.9 that has recently been on the air; I heard it while driving near downtown a couple of weeks ago. Discussed in this earlier thread: http://www.radiodiscussions.com/showthread.php?684578-another-pirate-on-87-9

It's a pirate. The FCC does not license new stations on 87.9.

The FCC needs to change policy and begin licensing stations on both 87.9 and 87.7 in areas where TV Channel 6 is unoccupied. Pretty much every FM radio can receive those frequencies. It would also eliminate the farce of the "Franken-TV" operations on 87.75.

Down here in Westbury I can pick up a faint signal on 87.9. Too faint to understand the words garbled by background noise. This is with an amplified antenna at 60 feet, so wherever its coming from isn't anywhere near southwest Houston. I agree with Frog on opening these channels up. Unfortunately, some car radios won't tune anything below 87.9...

There is a Spanish language religious pirate on 87.9 that has recently been on the air; I heard it while driving near downtown a couple of weeks ago. Discussed in this earlier thread: http://www.radiodiscussions.com/showthread.php?684578-another-pirate-on-87-9

The FCC needs to change policy and begin licensing stations on both 87.9 and 87.7 in areas where TV Channel 6 is unoccupied. Pretty much every FM radio can receive those frequencies. It would also eliminate the farce of the "Franken-TV" operations on 87.75.

A lot of Frankens are not using 87.75 but 87.7 and full 75k dev...they claim the LP rules do not specify technical details as to carrier freq, only the channel boundaries (such as 82-88MHz for RF TV6) but other than that, they can run the audio like a FM stereo....I have mixed feelings on the argument....Part 74 does not state hard tech rules..as they claim...but analog TV is analog TV..whether full or low power....the FCC should rewrite the Part 73 rules to denote analog TV as any analog, not LP/FS etc (no full power analog anywhere.....that we know of anyway!! LOL)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom