• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KOKO-FM Sold to Radio Punjab

$330,000.00

"TEG Broadcasting, Inc. has no other FCC Authorizations, however principals of TEG have
attributable interests in the following stations:
Call Sign Fac ID State, City
WRPU 2214 Anderson, IN
KZIZ 35550 Pacific, WA
KKDZ 12112 Seattle, WA
KQEQ 33252 Fowler, CA
KIGS 51122 Hanford, CA
KGSV 54760 Oildale, CA
KTXV 161266 Mabank, TX
KGST* 38453 Fresno, CA
KWAC* 35109 Bakersfield, CA
KVRI* 5350 Blaine, WA"

All Punjab Radio or the like

Thank you for the update speer360. Nice find. I ran a Longley-Rice scatter plot on this "valley dweller". I was surprised to see that the FCC 60dBu contour actually exceeds the Longley-Rice in many zones on the eastern side (towards Fresno) Fresno must have a lower elevation or there is some blocking "rise".

For popcounts, the Longley Rice only generated 280,000 in the 60dBu and 28,000 in the 70dBu. Mountaintop transmitters do much better around Fresno.

Thank you for the update speer360. Nice find. I ran a Longley-Rice scatter plot on this "valley dweller". I was surprised to see that the FCC 60dBu contour actually exceeds the Longley-Rice in many zones on the eastern side (towards Fresno) Fresno must have a lower elevation or there is some blocking "rise".

For popcounts, the Longley Rice only generated 280,000 in the 60dBu and 28,000 in the 70dBu. Mountaintop transmitters do much better around Fresno.
KOKO 94.3 does have a 265 watt co- channel translator near the Highway 99 / 180 interchange that helps the signal in Fresno.

DXing 94.3 from Visalia-Tulare does confirm being on the valley does limit the KOKO coverage down this way..

Question. Why is 92.7 KUTM so much stronger than 95.3 KBHH? Both stations are operating from the same tower with equivalent HAAT/ERP values (KUTM 5.4kw 344' HAAT, KBHH 328' HAAT 6kw).

DXing 94.3 from Visalia-Tulare does confirm being on the valley does limit the KOKO coverage down this way..

Question. Why is 92.7 KUTM so much stronger than 95.3 KBHH? Both stations are operating from the same tower with equivalent HAAT/ERP values (KUTM 5.4kw 344' HAAT, KBHH 328' HAAT 6kw).
Stronger from where? The answer could be related to adjacent frequencies.

Reduced Power Notification and STA Request
Chavez Radio Group (“CRG”), licensee of FM radio station KBHH(FM), Kerman, California, is currently operating at significantly reduced power, and further hereby requests Special Temporary Authority to continue reduced power operations.
On approximately February 2, 2024, the Station was forced to begin operating with reduced power as the result of both technical and extreme weather challenges. Although CRG has already purchased the equipment needed to make the required repairs and improvements, some of the equipment is on back order due to supplier shortages. Additionally, the site has not been accessible due to serve winter storms.
CRG is diligently making ongoing efforts to reach the site and complete the needed repairs, but weather conditions have continued to cause delays.

The new owners of KOKO today filed to cancel their KOKO-FM1 booster which resides on the KEYQ AM tower. Penny-wise or pound-foolish? Fresno listeners pleaee comment. (I hear the 94.3 signal but it's weak in my location anyway..I am well outside the 60 dBu.)

The new owners of KOKO today filed to cancel their KOKO-FM1 booster which resides on the KEYQ AM tower. Penny-wise or pound-foolish? Fresno listeners pleaee comment. (I hear the 94.3 signal but it's weak in my location anyway..I am well outside the 60 dBu.)
I have noticed when driving around Fresno, in areas there's a double signal, like an echo or distortion factor, one signal is delayed by a few micro seconds.

On the KUTM front ....It was gone completely for a few days but now back at STA power levels. Unfortunately, KBHH 92.7 now has dropped to a much lower signal level. Perhaps some tower work is ongoing as I think both stations share the same tower.

I did locate a website for the KOKO-KGST-KWAC "trimulcast". It's:

(While website only shows the KOKO logo, the parallel Facebook pages indicate multiple signals. )

Audio is at : http:198.143.144.226:8172

Both KWAC and KGST still may be in some sort of LMA status. The TOH IDs give all three stations (both over the air and on the web stream).. Occasionally they run an ad for Tandoori Pizza in Fresno, That's my idea of some serious California fusion food!

Someone should check to see if the former KOKO-FM-1 booster is indeed off the air permanently. I hearda strong co-channel carrier (no audio) in areas such as Ivanhoe today. Even some of Fresno coverage seems to have a carrier overlapping the main KOKO signal. Anybody else notice this weird reception?

Back
Top Bottom