• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KNX 97.1 issues you care about wishlist 2023?

So what issues do you care about that knx has not covered yet. Homeless. Abortion. gender equality etc etc. Let's discuss. Reminder no personal attacks. Discuss only.

I took that station off my preset as soon as they got rid of amp. I could careless bout listening to an all news station. Can't give an opinion but I will say this I wish 97.1 would have stayed a music format.

So what issues do you care about that knx has not covered yet. Homeless. Abortion. gender equality etc etc. Let's discuss. Reminder no personal attacks. Discuss only.
Remember, all-news stations don't do much of anything except cover news headlines with short stories in a 20 minute cycle. They don't do investigative pieces: it's not "60 minutes".

Remember, all-news stations don't do much of anything except cover news headlines with short stories in a 20 minute cycle. They don't do investigative pieces: it's not "60 minutes".
With that said, homelessness, abortion and gender equality are all topics that are in the news on a regular basis. I don't live in L.A. so I don't listen to KNX much, but Audacy's all-news sister stations in NYC report on those topics whenever there is news about them, which tends to be pretty frequently these days.

With that said, homelessness, abortion and gender equality are all topics that are in the news on a regular basis. I don't live in L.A. so I don't listen to KNX much, but Audacy's all-news sister stations in NYC report on those topics whenever there is news about them, which tends to be pretty frequently these days.
Again, though, they cover breaking news, not ongoing issues.

I want KNX on apps besides Audacy. The app is SUPER buggy, doesn't work with Android Auto, and it's pretty horrible.

If I could get KNX on ANY other app (TuneIn, iHeart, etc.,) it would be fantastic. The only place reliable they have working is the Alexa skill.

Do they still play the audio of 60 Minutes on Sunday nights, though....
No longer owned by CBS.
That's not stopping WCBS or KCBS from airing the 60 Minutes audio each Sunday. (In KCBS's case, at 7 pm when the program also airs locally on the TV network, and a repeat at 1 am and 3 am. I heard it with my own handy-dandy radio on Sunday last.) I believe it was part of the deal between CBS and Audacy for the acquired all-news stations to continue airing the audio.

That's not stopping WCBS or KCBS from airing the 60 Minutes audio each Sunday. (In KCBS's case, at 7 pm when the program also airs locally on the TV network, and a repeat at 1 am and 3 am. I heard it with my own handy-dandy radio on Sunday last.) I believe it was part of the deal between CBS and Audacy for the acquired all-news stations to continue airing the audio.
The audio is offered to affiliates of the CBS Radio Network, which is operated by Skyview. Some affiliates clear it, some don't.

The audio is offered to affiliates of the CBS Radio Network, which is operated by Skyview. Some affiliates clear it, some don't.
I did not know it was offered from Skyview. Other than carrying the Skyview commercial load, what are the conditions for a station to carry it?

I did not know it was offered from Skyview. Other than carrying the Skyview commercial load, what are the conditions for a station to carry it?
I haven't worked for a CBS affiliate in ---gonna say six years (when KFBK flipped from CBS to ABC). Not sure what the terms are today. We didn't carry it, but could have (iHeart chose to make money off paid programming on Sunday nights instead).

Not too sure, it didn’t make much sense to me when I first heard it. I tried to see if KNX’s website had an updated schedule, but it just said “The People You Know, The Voices You Trust” for every hour of the weekend.
I found references to it on the KNX Facebook page---they've been running it for years. Never knew.

Not trying to bump on old-ish thread, but, I heard 60 Minutes on KNX today, although I can’t find anything recent about them airing 60 Minutes on Google.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom