• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KIPR Power 92.3

I don't live in Little Rock anymore but I do know Cumulus has completely destroyed many of Citadel's best stations, including KLAL in Little Rock and KKWD in Oklahoma City. How has KIPR fared? Has Cumulus tweaked the format at all?

Most CHR stations have been tweaked to focus on recurrent and gold tracks and switched to a national playlist. KIPR is an urban station though so Cumulus may handle it differently.

Cumulus can't destroy anymore than what Citadel had let go by neglect (technical issues). See the recent technical issues of KAAY, and earlier KARN-FM, and KIPR in long-lag times in getting stations back up after transmitter issues.

yes Citadel was not great but cumulus has the money to improve technical issues. However, yes they did make an ok situation worse. They completely watered down the playlist to like a 30 song rotation. Which means you would hear the same songs several times per day. They add songs to rotation only after it has been proven to be a top 20 song which means the ads are VERY late. So their playlist now sounds dated and poorly programmed. Add on the 2minute Broadway Joe Morning show promos every hour and the corny Imaging then my friend you have a recipe for disaster. I'm sure their ratings have taken a hit for the worse.

great question! They must be turning it off altogether, Youtube,Iphones, Ipads,Ipods and other internet options are in the mix now. They certainly can't compete against that with a 30 song rotation. The mixshow helps but the DJ's play the same ole crap that is in rotation.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom