• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Kim Tunnicliffe out at WBZ-AM after 26 years

I’ve heard several new voices on WBZ lately so I was afraid they would start letting go the veteran reporters.

Layoff the senior reporters and fill the positions with reporters working for a much smaller salary.

As in all industries, once you get to a certain salary level, the bean counters are eyeing you to cut costs.

North Shore 104.9 WBOQ (now Christian WNKC) had Jackie Ankeles for awhile then let her go in a budget cutback. Cuttkng senior staff as was said above. News-talk stations dropping hosts/newsreaders, going syndicated, dropping overnights or weekenders...

It is a shame to see so many personalities that have been around for many years get shown the door. They have put in so much time and dedication. Media does not seem to care anymore. A lot of the young people on WBZ now do not do the job the same way the others have. I am still happy to hear personalities like Lori, Nicole, Ben and Jeff. I trust what they have to say.

North Shore 104.9 WBOQ (now Christian WNKC) had Jackie Ankeles for awhile then let her go in a budget cutback. Cuttkng senior staff as was said above. News-talk stations dropping hosts/newsreaders, going syndicated, dropping overnights or weekenders...
I remember Jackie from WBOQ's oldies days. Sometimes I'd lose patience and push another preset when she'd get too chatty, but there was no denying she brought a lot of personality to her work.

Back
Top Bottom