• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KGO ON KABC

KABC-TV is experimenting with bringing in local shows from other ABC O&Os to put on their digital "Plus" channel. The "pilot" show chosen is KGO-TV's daily "View From The Bay" which airs live on KGO at 3pm. "ABC7+" is airing the show on delay weeknights at 10pm. "View From The Bay" features Spencer Christian (does he still do weather for GMA?) and Janelle Wang. It's your typical daytime fluffy interview/talk show.

It could be an interesting concept, having a channel with shows from different parts of the country......provided the shows are at all entertaining.

Spencer Christian is no longer the weather-person for GMA, but has done weather for "ABC-7 News" (KGO-TV) in San Francisco for a few years now. View from the Bay is obviously very Bay Area-centric and talks about a lot of events and attractions in the Bay Area. I can't imagine it would be of much interest to people in Los Angeles.

But, if you are looking to fill time on your digital channels, this makes sense. There are enough people in SoCal that have lived in the Bay Area, and have relatives, etc., to make this viable. Sometimes I think the NoCal/SoCal split is exaggerated. Thanks to KABC for bringing it back to reality.

Lkeller said:
Spencer Christian is no longer the weather-person for GMA, but has done weather for "ABC-7 News" (KGO-TV) in San Francisco for a few years now. View from the Bay is obviously very Bay Area-centric and talks about a lot of events and attractions in the Bay Area. I can't imagine it would be of much interest to people in Los Angeles.
Hopfully Tribune will buy KRON and put KTLA on it's digital sub channel. I'm going back to cable next week.

I'm glad that KTRK is using its digital subchannels for real programming. Yes there are some infomercials, but they're re-running old specials that they've put together over the years.

It also looks like they're running some old Deborah Duncan shows - ironically, Deborah is doing news at KHOU/11 in Houston! (At the same time KTRK is running the old shows, according to the listings - as she was filling in during the evenings after Lisa Faronda left...) Gotta set the DVD to see if they're really running those shows!

Jim

Don't put to much thought of Tribune acquiring KRON4. You may have read that Tribune Broadcasting is considering a sale of its TV Stations, maybe even their newspapers.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom